Off Topic Ike in Texas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Texas people, I really hope this one is not too bad. Hurricane Ike is looking pretty fierce. Please take care, stay safe and get away if necessary. I'll be thinking of you.

Yeah - Ike looks like a biggie. I hope all of our Texas friends and their loved ones stay safe.

I agree! The saying that everything is bigger in Texas better not apply to hurricanes!

My thoughts are with everyone, stay safe!

Ike looks to be very bad as far as flooding. I hope everyone listened when told to evacuate.

Prayers to all affected. Personal items can be replaced - lives cannot

Take care everyone! I'll be thinking of you, as we were very nervously watching this one last week, ourselves!

Already flooding in parts and coming over the Galveston flood wall.This will be a devasting storm .20ft tide surge expected that is crazy!Anyone in its path please leave.My thoughts and prayers for the people that are going to be affected by IKE

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers! I'm just west of Houston, in Katy, and they told us to shelter in place. It's 11pm here right now and I can hear the wind outside, but it's not raining yet and it's not supposed to hit Katy until 2am. I guess i'll be pulling an all-nighter.

I'll post an update tomorrow if we have power. Hope it's not too bad, but seems like it keeps getting worse. It's 1mph away from being a Category 3 right now, so basically it's a Category 3. Nothin I can do but wait at this point.

(( C A T T ))

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers! I'm just west of Houston, in Katy, and they told us to shelter in place. It's 11pm here right now and I can hear the wind outside, but it's not raining yet and it's not supposed to hit Katy until 2am. I guess i'll be pulling an all-nighter.

I'll post an update tomorrow if we have power. Hope it's not too bad, but seems like it keeps getting worse. It's 1mph away from being a Category 3 right now, so basically it's a Category 3. Nothin I can do but wait at this point.

(( C A T T ))

Cat hope your fine. Sending some powerfull thoughts your way.

Bog

(( C A T T ))

Thinking of you!

I'm aliiiive!! It was so crazy to watch. I've never been through a hurricane before. Luckily it didn't hit Katy as hard as was predicted, but it was still pretty bad. Our entire back fences are down, there's tree debris everywhere, and our power was out for awhile. But nothing serious at my house, thank God.

There are a few places around town where roofs were blown off, houses hit by tornadoes, trees falling on cars and houses, etc...

Tomorrow is going to be a major clean up day for everyone. Keep your prayers with those in the areas where it hit worse. There's glass covering dowtown houstons streets from windows blown out, and the main highway leading to Galveston is covered in debris, couches, refrigerators, tables, etc from people's houses. Even though the hurricane has passed, it's not nearly over yet.

Glad to hear everything is OK where you are. Hopefully in due time Houston and Galveston can recover as well. At least they aren't talking about places still being flooded 3 weeks later like with Katrina though...thats a start in the right direction. Good luck to everyone affected....our thoughts up here in NY are with you all down there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back