Parents I'll take some good mojo on Friday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mrs Puma

Friday is a crazy day for us. Puma is having surgery (nothing major-a torn ligament in his ankle from 25 years of Jiu-jitsu) in the morning, and Puma Jr has a meet that afternoon! Her session was supposed to have been Sunday, but they changed it to 2pm Friday. It's an hour &1/2 away and I don't know how poor Puma will be feeling, so I'm sending her with a teammate. It's only the second meet in 21 that I've missed! She's being a really good sport about it. It's also her last meet as a nine year old- double digits next week!! She missed qualifying for States by a mere 0.125 last time (and they accidentally flashed a 9.875 for her last event, which we knew was wrong....heartbreaking!!) and the meet before that she would have easily qualified (needed a 6.825) but they scratched her on floor. So fingers crossed that all goes well for both Pumas on Friday!

I am putting it put there for you all! And hopefully your daughter will surprise you with great news! Can you follow the meet online by chance?

Sending good mojo on all accounts! If the meet doesn't have live scoring maybe ask a fellow team mom to send you Puma Jr's scores? And/or video if they're feeling extra nice and ambitious:)

Sending good mojo on all accounts! If the meet doesn't have live scoring maybe ask a fellow team mom to send you Puma Jr's scores? And/or video if they're feeling extra nice and ambitious:)
I agree, hopefully other parents will keep you well updated. Also, hope the surgery goes smoothly and he is not on too much pain afterwards.

I am putting it put there for you all! And hopefully your daughter will surprise you with great news! Can you follow the meet online by chance?
Yup, it should be on meetscores. I'm sure the mom who is bringing her (SO THANKFUL!!) will text me updates too. Puma keeps telling me I should go, but I don't feel good about that. He's never had anesthesia before. We should be home from surgery 10:30ish and I'd have to leave at noon, so I could make it, but I don't think it's a good idea. And thank you!! :)

Reactions: sce
I'll send you whatever Mojo I have for your Double Fun Friday. Hope the surgery and recovery go well, staying with your husband is the right call, especially since it involves anesthesia (my wife's family includes a number of anesthesiologists and I'm constantly hearing about the potential dangers). Puma Jr. will do great! I'm feelin' it!!!

Good luck to both Pumas!! As an anesthesia provider, I can tell you that anesthesia is very, very safe these days but that you definitely need to stay with him just in case. We don't allow patients to go home unless they have someone to stay with them. Puma Jr. will be just fine!!!!

Good luck to both on Friday! Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery, speedy healing, and an awesome meet for Puma Jr!

Lots of good thoughts coming your way. What score does she need?
Only a 32 :( I know that shouldn't be that hard, but she's still fixing a lot of bad habits. I'm so proud of how far she's come, but she obviously still has a lot of work to do! I really thought she had it last time....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back