WAG I'm Certain This Is A Gymnast

• Thread starter Deleted member D3987
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Why on earth is she arguing with a 3 year old? And why on earth does he call his mom by her first name? I agree with Flossyduck--this has to be echolalia...or someone has just not taught this kid proper manners and respect for boundaries and authority.

I went to 6th form with a lad who called his parents by their first names, always had done. Their argument was that those were their names, my mother always said that being a mum was so special why would she not want to be called mum.

but also "Linda" means cute/beautiful in Spanish doesn't it ? It could be that he is using it in that sense.

My mom always preferred to be called by her first name. When we were teeny it was "mommy", now I use mom or her first name interchangeably. She even asked my kids to use her first name, as "gramma makes me feel old!".

Why on earth is she arguing with a 3 year old? And why on earth does he call his mom by her first name? I agree with Flossyduck--this has to be echolalia...or someone has just not taught this kid proper manners and respect for boundaries and authority.
From the original, I understand that they had a friend who's child got lost and was unable to give his parents names, so they taught their child mom and dad's real names.
It is cute because he is trying to explain that they are at grandma's house, so mom doesn't own anything there... grandma's house = grandma's rules... it would be different if they were at home... and he is doing it so mom will understand (like many of us do with children)... not echolalia because he UNDERSTANDS what he is saying - it is just the TONE he is mimicking.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back