Off Topic I'm feeling really down guys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bevy

Ok so i started gymnastics at 11 and I was in this weird group called 10+ for older starters to feel comfortable around people their age instead of training with younger kids and it was fine, albeit unprofessional[emoji849][emoji849] as in not very wholesome or encouraging, just kind of, "You won't be a good gymnast, and we don't care xoxo!!" Sort of thing. Fast forward a couple months and I made it into xcel bronze and now I'm very early 12 years old. I see girls my age or younger and their already past my stage, which makes sense because they started younger. I really want to go to the olympics when I'm older, but we are starting real competition for bronze in almost a year, at that rate i think it'll take a long while before I even get considered, if at all, for anything major. I just want some of your guys opinions on if I will ever make it big :( thank you all

Making it to the olympics is pretty unrealistic. Most people aiming for the olympics have already made it to at least level 8, and Some are even elite. College however may be possible if you work hard and also are willing to put the energy in at home (think about mostly conditioning and flexibility). Does your gym use Xcel as a way to surpass compulsories? Otherwise if you want a decent chance at college, you should think about making the JO team (i think, most colleges still want level 10s, D1 schools even multi-year level 10s). But even if you don't make it, because very few do, enjoy it! Gymnastics Will teach you life lessons and if you enjoy it, it Will give you A LOT of time with something you love!

I've personally been doing gymnastics since I was 4 competing since I was 6, I had to take time over over the years due to injury and surgery and all sorts of things but I've pretty much been doing gymnastics all my life. I'm 13 and in platinum and I have a friend who does a different program but she's 10 and in level 7-8 I believe. Anyway I can assure you neither of us (my friend and me) are even close to going to the Olympics. Don't get me wrong, keep doing what your doing, but just ENJOY it! My friend may go on to be a college gymnast but I most likely won't be. Don't get me wrong, wether you start at 3 or 15 it is always possible to maybe make it to college gymnastics if that's what you want but the later you start the less l

Likely you are. Enjoy doing it and just take it step by step. Don't get down [emoji4][emoji8] good luck tho. (Oh and sorry for it cutting off, I accidentally hit the "send" button[emoji23])

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back