i'm new and my head is spinning!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Welcome to the group. My DD has been the youngest in her classes since she was 3. Right after her 3rd birthday she was put in an invite only program. DD had the body awareness and the foucs at that age that her coach wanted her then to start. She practiced two days a week for 1.25 minutes which always ran over to 1.5 hours. When she turnd 4 she moved to Preteam and trained 4 hours a week. Now she just turned 5 and she is doing 12 hours a week and during camp week doing 26 hours. DD has not been the norm either. I think you just need to have great communication with the coaches and your child.

I try to watch all of DD's practices so I can read her and what is going on. DD was working BHS when she was three and got it 100% when she was 4. I have to say that in our gym they have never pushed DD to do too much but as she progressed they would give her aids to help her and she would move along. DD has always been at the top of the group even when many of them were two years older. Now she is 5 and has 11 year olds with her and she is still hanging. She is setting her own goals and telling her coaches what she wants to do.

DD was determined to learn her front tuck. They were working them landing in the pit. Well DD was determined that when she got her trampoline that was her MUST skill. I talked to her coach and she said it was fine. Less than a month later DD has her front tuck on the trampoline. The only one from her group. Now she is working on her whipbacks and back tucks. I say as long as DD isn't complaining and she is doing a progression then just go with it.

I know the bridge things is concerning it had me a bit freaked out, but DD has that skill and has had it for over two years now. I can't turn back the clock now. I just have to go with it and monitor it for the future.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back