I'm New :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello :)
My name's Emz.
I'm 16, 17 in July.
I'm British.
I'm a gymnast for TWO gymnastics clubs.
I'm not high level or anything, just county/regional competitions.

But it's the ENJOYMENT that counts. I was a late starter =]

x

Hay Emz,

I am British too, from Manchester, but now I live in Canada.

Welcome to the chalkbucket, we have a few other Brits on here, coaches and gymnasts. I am sure you'll find lots to do here.

Hey welcome to CB! How do u do gym for 2 clubs at once? Here in the USA sometimes people do HS team and club team but i dont know of anyone whos done 2 clubs at the same time.

Welcome to chalkbucket! I'm 17 so close in age, and also wondering the same thing as NYgymfan... how do you train at two seperate clubs?

-Tori

I used to be on a squad and competed for [not gonna put names] gym A, and big time messed it up, fell out with my coaches and a lot of the gymnasts, so I dropped down to training 4-5 hrs a week there, 2 classes and 1-2 open adult and teen sessions. On Monday I had a trial at gym B, and will be training 3 hrs a week there. But with gym B they'll enter me for competitive gymnastics at the level they feel I'm ready for. [Working to UK 5].

However to make it awkward, the facilities of gym B are nothing compared with gym A.

All gym B has is one sprung floor, one beam, one floor beam, one box vault, and one set of bars that only extend to 15.

Gym A has 6 beams, 2 mid height beams, 2 low beams, 3 floor beams and 5 squishy beams, a shiny bar, 3 full sets of bars, 1 single rail bar set lowish for cast to handstand preps, 2 sprung floors, sunken trampette, 4 normal trampettes, 2 trampolines, 1 table vault, an air track, 3 ropes, 1 box vault, barres and wall bars. Soon to be getting pits.

So that's what makes it hard.. I thought about maybe training at gym A where the better facilities and coaches are, and also training at gym B and entering competitions for them 'cause without being on a squad gym A won't enter me.. & the coaches won't have me back on squad. But the head coach of gym A and of gym B are total rivals.. & the gyms are in the same city, AND county. Neither gym are in my county though, it's quite a travel for me. Gym B is fine about me training with gym A and competing with gym B cause they know I get coached well at gym A.. But.. At gym A isn't happy about me competing at gym B 'cause it's their hard work going in making another club look good.

Gym A coach told me a lot about gym B, as well as a lot of the gymnasts at gym A who transferred from gym B. Gym A's recommendation was to 1) Not compete and then train at both, or 2) Try out a gym in my county, 'cause then I can train with gym A and compete with the gym in my county 'cause it's different regions and so different county and regional competitions. The only problem would be if I took it to nationals.

x

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back