Imke Glas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DId you google her? There is tons of info about her and her accident and sebsequent recovery. I understand that she is doing very well.

Yes she has her own site in Dutch of course! I suppose you could use babel fish to translate the bits you want to read. She crashed on vault and had a C5 level injury that did not sever her spinal cord. She bounced back very quickly, but I am unsure as to whether she retuned to gym. Her accident was over a year ago now. There are some lovely videos of her on youtube.

I wonder if she will ever compete internationally again.
she was amazing for being that young.
its so said to hear that that happened; its sad to hear when an injury happens to anyone

Absolutely, but can you imagine the relief to all concerned that she is able to function completely when there are kids out there who will never walk again. An amazing story.

I dislocated my left femur and tore 3 out of the 4 ligaments in my knee. the last one was hanging on by a thread. I was in a wheelchair for 5 months had surgery again to scrap out all the scar tissue to see if my knee would bend again and they were able scar out the majority of it. They said that it would take 18 months to be able to learn how to walk, but they said I may never be able to walk normally or at all again. I walked after 8 months with a limp. The limp stuck around for about 2 years until I tore my ACL in my right knee while training gymnastics again. Now I just walk all kind of funny cause my knees are messed up but I can walk so I am thankful for that. I was able to compete 13 months after the first surgery; something no one other than myself thought that I would be able to do. Now my knee is hurt again because I slipped on a puddle of water...awesome right.

Wow you really did go through it didn't you. Knees are such finicky joints, I read an article once that said that knees were just the worst joint, no one could design a more inferiror product. Hope your new injury heals soon.

knees are probably the worst joint, then your shoulder. Just because they are used so frequently and have a large range or motion to regain after an injury. But Im okay with absolutely everything that happened. i met some great people, it made me who i am so end the end Im generally happy with the overall outcome of the injury oddly enough.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back