Parents Improvement on the beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
I think that tonight I started to see an improvement in my DD on the beam, her toe tap handstands are starting to get higher, with T-ing in and out, also she fought harder to keep on the beam after her split leap. Why do I think that I am starting to see improve, because I think she is trying her hardest to keep up with the bigger girls at practice. She started 3 nights a week this week, and since she is the only level 3/4 coming that often she will practice with the 4/5 on Monday nights. She was given the nick name of "little bug" by her coaches, and when you see her with the girls on Monday nights, she truely is the "little bug" of the group. Everyone else is 1-2 heads taller than her.

We increase her hours at the gym so that she can get a feel of what it will be like next year with 9 hours a week and school, also she was practicing herself at home so much, that I prefer her to do it in the safety of the gym with her coaches.

It is such a nice feeling to see her improving and also having so much fun. The girls get along so well together, and the bigger girls watch out for her and really encourage her to try her hardest.

Barb

Sounds just like when My DD was that age.

She is still the shortest in her level, only 1 shorter on the optional team. Her Coach has called her Beetle Bug for the past 3 years.

It was nice for her at a young age to have a bunch of 'older sisters' now she is glad there are finally girls on optionals that are her age!

Good luck, tell her to keep up the hard work!
It seems to be paying off!

That's awesome! Beam is so tough for the little ones. I keep thinking my dd is improving but she is having a tough time staying on after the leap. If she can stay on, I think she can get close to a 9. Your dd's nickname is cute and very similar to my daughter's. She is the smallest on team and her name is Lily so they call her Lilybug. :)

Meg

I think it is good for the younger ones to practice with the older girls. We carpool with 2 /15 yr olds and they give my daughter some great advice, and in the gym it makes her work harder cause she wants too be good like the older girls. The only thing is, she has really matured faster than other girls her age. People are surprised she is only 8 1/2 yrs old by the way she acts (not in a bad way)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back