In between a rock and a hard place?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love gymnastics but my friends at school want me to do track this year since its my last year in high school. But the track dates are mondays, wendsdays and thursdays 3:30pm-5:00pm. Thous are the same days i have gymnastics from 6:00-8:00pm.
What should I do?? I really wanna do gymnastics but i wanna do track at the same time:confused:

Welcome to the real world. You can't do both if the practice is at the same time unless you can clone yourself. You have to decide what is more important to you. Are you going to regret not doing your last year of gymnastics to do track. Put your friends wants aside - if they are really your friends they will understand your decisions. Ask yourself which sport do you really have a passion for? Do you hope to do gymnastics in College? Is there someother sport or club you can all go do that doesn't conflict with your gymnastics? If your friends weren't pressuring you to do track would you still have this issue on your own if they didn't ask you?

Senior year (and the rest of your life) is full of deciscions like this and only you can make that decision as to what is best for you to do. Don't let your friends control your choices with peer pressure.

Don't let friends drive your decisions. Do in YOUR heart what you feel is best. I think from a practical standpoint you can run your whole life. Gymnastics is a young person's world so the shelf life is short (even if you're able to continue in college). This may not be your last hurrah, but you're probably getting near the sunset of your gymnastics career. Enjoy while you can.

One other thought - I know that the high school gymnastics programs in our area make practice exceptions for girls on a club team. Given your high level of conditioning at gymnastics, they may allow you miss some track practices and still be a part of the team. If you really want to try both, then it's one course of action. Good luck!

'bounce' to the rock or 'run' to the hard place.:)

I'd pick gymnastics :) But I have quite a biased opinion! :p

Jokes aside, I actually did track for awhile and I didn't like it very much. Gymnastics is 348703975489327548907258 times better :)

Do what you want to do! It might be fun working out with your friends in track but if you love gymnastics alot then don't sacrifice the sport you love for a sport because of the people. They'll still love you even if you don't choose track :)

Do you compete in your gymnastics? Those hours sound like rec gymnastics or HS gymnastics.

I say do Track when it comes up in Spring or Fall. It doesn't really last that long.

Polevault might be fun and a lot of gymnasts do that.

I joined T&F my junior year because a friend wanted me to join and he ended up switching to tennis after I signed the forms. I still made lots of friends and had lots of fun (besides meets get you out of class, heheh [except that meets can last all day and be boring if you finish your event early or have to do it late]).

Pick the sport thats more important to you. Will you regret not doing gymnastics? You could lose tons of skills if your planning on college gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back