Incredible comeback

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What happened with Kyla? Is she injured and just focusing on bars/beam now? As good as Simone, Aly, and Gabby looked -- she's going to struggle to make the World and Olympic team (hate to say that -- I always have really liked her). And I don't say that just because of this event. Her D scores still haven't gone up that much.

Also, why were there so many "no scores" for events? I understand athletes no competing in all events, but I think Ashton had no scores including bars.

What happened with Kyla? Is she injured and just focusing on bars/beam now? As good as Simone, Aly, and Gabby looked -- she's going to struggle to make the World and Olympic team (hate to say that -- I always have really liked her). And I don't say that just because of this event. Her D scores still haven't gone up that much.

Also, why were there so many "no scores" for events? I understand athletes no competing in all events, but I think Ashton had no scores including bars.
They said that Kyla had hurt her heel and Ashton did an exhibition for bars only. I thought it was really weird. The announcers didn't even know she wasn't competing

They said that Kyla had hurt her heel and Ashton did an exhibition for bars only. I thought it was really weird. The announcers didn't even know she wasn't competing
Ashton did an exhibition on beam too. It was odd and it wasn't explained or announced at all. I know she is still healing from her shoulder surgery and I'm glad she was able to get on the podium and show routines, but it was a little confusing.

The announcers also failed to announce Nia Dennis at the beginning...just skipped right over her. So they announced her by herself after all the other rotations were announced. Odd.

My guess is that if you are not a strong AA girl you are not getting anywhere near an Olympic team for the US. One strong piece is not going to make you a good bet. Now you can only have five on a team you just cannot risk an injury and not having a strong AA girl to step in.

SO look at the top juniors and seniors who do AA. That is where the Olympic team is coming from.

It was so fun to watch Gabby and Aly do so well! The rest of the world is in trouble! Of course Simone was unbelievable!

Reactions: sce
My guess is that if you are not a strong AA girl you are not getting anywhere near an Olympic team for the US. One strong piece is not going to make you a good bet. Now you can only have five on a team you just cannot risk an injury and not having a strong AA girl to step in.

SO look at the top juniors and seniors who do AA. That is where the Olympic team is coming from.
I agree. We have too many strong AA's to just bring on a girl who can only do or 2 events well. But this may change as it gets closer if injuries begin to pop up

It's definitely going to be a fun year watching both the juniors & seniors on the road to Rio!! It's really crazy to see how many strong All Around gymnasts we have!!

I am also blown away by Gabby! I know she (& her family) have had some controversies around them, but she is a truly gifted athlete! To be out for 2 years and come back SO strong is just amazing!

I am also blown away by Gabby! I know she (& her family) have had some controversies around them, but she is a truly gifted athlete! To be out for 2 years and come back SO strong is just amazing!
Seriously, it was amazing watching her. I think too she is still on the upswing with what she will have to offer too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back