Information about ME

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a gymnastics judge in indiana. I also have been coaching for quite some time... I am looking for input from any one who would might be interested in me watching tapes of routines and evaluating them as far as why they scored what they did and I will score it and tell you what deductions I took on what skills so you can improve!
WHAT PARENT HAS NOT WONDERED WHY THERE CHILD RECIEVED THE SCORE THEY DID???

Feel free to email me...

Hey! Welcome to chalkbucket! If we are really baffled on why we got a score the judge will usually tell our coach what she took off on........

Hye I think it is great to have a judge on here. Thanks for joining in. It is always good to get others insight on routines and things like that. Welccome. I would love you to look at my daughters floor routine.:eek:

I would love to have known you about a year ago when I had so many questions and was getting no feedback from the coaches. In fact, I asked a judge to watch my dd's routine because I simply did not understand where all the deductions were coming from. I wasn't complaining of course, just didn't understand since she had scored so high up until that level. She told me she was not allowed to do that because then every parent would want the same. So, I let it go. I had wondered about sending a video to someone else, but after that, I decided not to even ask. Now my dd is competing high school, and I'm not even going to try to understand that. It's way different from USAG. Do you ever judge high school?

I'm going to videotape DD's next competition and let you have a peek... we NEVER get any feedback about what they're doing wrong and as a parent, I would just LOVE to know... Thanks so much!

-Lynn

Giants ???

:confused: I have a question.... My name is Rachel Reed, I am a level 7 gymnast, and I am 13 years old. I have just moved gyms about 5 months ago and i have been working on giants for about 2 years. I have gotten the giant and then lost it many times and now that i moved i can not got it back. The bars are the excact brand and setting but i just cant seem to get my "tap" correct. If you have any advice please let me know!!!!!

Thanks,Rachel Reed :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back