Injured a gluteal muscle and it doesnt heal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello everyone
Approximately 2 months ago i was stretching for a middle split (sitting with your legs straddled and leaning forward). Suddenly i felt a sharp pain in my buttock and it felt as if some muscle just slipped around my pelvis/femur. I gave it a week of rest and noticed that this muscle was shortened significantly so while stretching i felt especially this particular muscle. Now after 2 months it feels like the muscle is at it's original length again but it hurts everytime i do a stretch for the hamstrings or do a sudden movement that requires hamstring flexibility (like kicking up one leg as a warm-up). The pain i feel is relatively dull which is why i don't assume that it's a muscle strain.
Does anyone have an idea what happened to my muscle and how i might treat it?

I know soon one of the mods will say you can't ask for medical advice on here, so your best bet is to go see a pt or a doctor.

I do think that it is in fact a muscle strain - sounds like it. Mostly rest and ice/heat would be what I say to do until you see a doctor.

Get it checked, just in case.
Don't panic though, muscle injuries can take a long time to heal. Treat it with patience and care.
Maybe ask your doctor if kinesiotape might help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back