Injured With States a Couple OF Weeks Away!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is injured with a states a couple of weeks away. She hasn't practiced all week and I'm not sure how things will go next week. The positive is that she has had a really good season so if she isn't in shape to compete states, her level 3 season was fun. Please send some healing fairies her way!

Hope your little one heals up quickly. But just in case she's not healed up in time for states, don't sweat it! L3 states is not the Olympics;), LOL! There will always be other meets, even state meets. Her health is what matters most. Hope your little angel is feeling well & healing well:)!

Sending healing fairies her way. I hope she gets on the mend soon. If she doesnt get to go to states, she had a wonderful L3 season.

Hope she gets better soon and is able to compete @ States. But like another poster said, there will be others. My DD missed her L3 States, she fractured the growth plate in her wrist a week before the meet :( so, we have been there. Glad she has had a great season.

She injured some soft tissue in her leg and has to have 10 days straight of no activity. It is working but I caught her wrestling her brother this morning because the snow days (3 this week) are giving my kids cabin fever. My dd has been to school for an hour this week because I was told to let her take a couple of days of from school so the kids don't knock into her and here she is wrestling at home. What can I do? I threatened to have her put in a body cast but she just laughed and thought it was funny.

I hope she heals soon! As others have said, if she misses the L3 state meet, it is NOT the end of the world. Our childrens' health is most important! If we give them the proper rest from this sport, they will heal faster than if they keep trying to work out on an injury. If she has to miss the meet, take her out for some ice cream instead!

I agree, ice cream is the solution to all things. AT least in my life. I am so excited about DD's meet on Sunday, because I know I can have ice cream afterwards to celebrate. With only three meets a year, I'll take what I can get!!!

My dd has been to school for an hour this week because I was told to let her take a couple of days of from school so the kids don't knock into her and here she is wrestling at home. What can I do? I threatened to have her put in a body cast but she just laughed and thought it was funny.

LOL! I know how you feel! DD2 was just put in a boot for 5 weeks-less than 2 weeks after being out for 2 weeks for a different injury! Ugh! She is going nuts and trying to do BWOs with the boot on. It is going to be a LONG 5 weeks! Today she mentioned to me that it is easier to straddle press with a boot than without! She doesn't know how to relax!

I hope your daughter heals quickly!...and I agree about the ice cream :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back