Injured :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I dislocated my knee at a meet on Friday warming up on my first event, beam. :( The meet was 5 hours away, and we had driven with 2 of my teammates, so we had to wait til the meet was over to leave. The trainers looked at it and then I got x-rays on Saturday. I might have a bone chip in my upper knee and because of where I have pain they think I might have torn my meniscus. :( I go to the orthopedist on Wednesday. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are welcome! Also, I'm afraid my dad will make me quit because this is my 3rd pretty big injury in a little over a year, but I'm hoping he'll let me do APO instead of level 8 next year.

Sending healing thoughts your way! if it's the meniscus, and if they just remove it if you need surgery, it's a quick and easy recovery(you walk the same day!). But maybe it's not even that, so sending extra good thoughts your way! What is APO?

So sorry to hear that you got hurt again. Hopefully its nothing more than the dislocation. If it is more, i hope they are able to repair without to much hassle. Hopefully Daddy wont let this descide on whether or not he has you quit or not. But remember he feels this way out of love for you. You are his baby, and its in parents nature to try and protect their babies. Keep us posted on how it goes

Update

Thanks everyone! The ortho said it's probably ok, no bone chip, no tear, but he wants me to get a mri to make sure. I also have to do PT and I'll be out for 5-6 weeks. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to continue doing gymnastics, but I might miss the rest of the season (States is the second weekend in March and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my skills back in time). Oh well. I'm sure this happened for a reason, just not sure what yet. :)

Oh, APO is advanced prep optional, which in my state is about a level 7-8 skill level in the requirements but you can do C skills. I still might end up doing that next year.

I'm so sorry, but you have such a great attitude...hopefully you will heal up quicker than expected. Glad you got good news at the ortho! Follow your PT's advice, hope you get a good one, they can truly be lifesavers!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back