injury hell

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Galadriel

Proud Parent
dd is abroad and had an injury during her routine - i am not there
could watch a live link - and saw it happen - didnt look that bad on internet!
she is currently in hospital having x rays
fingers crossed not too bad
she is 'older' and thought this would probably be her last year - and hoped to go out on a high.
she actually had the highest execution score of the group in this comp which should make her feel some good stuff! so so sad for her . wish i was there!
think its possibly break in her foot apparently according to coach. had phone contact. medic on site said prob not break. coach took her to hospital to see.
waiting for update!

Sorry to hear about this...fingers crossed.

Ouch! Good luck to your DD and patience to you! Let us know how she is doing.

I don't even know you, but my heart hurts to think of her alone and hurting and far away. So sorry! Hope she's better and home with you soon.

My heart goes out to you as a mom: I can't imagine being so far away from my baby when she's hurt (no matter how big she is!) I pray she is ok, and its not as bad as they think!

Hope she is okay. Cannot have been easy for you to be so far away from her when she is dealing with medical issues. Let us know the diagnosis. though I am hoping it's all just a precaution.

Can't be easy to be away from her when she gets hurts--I don't care how old she is! Please let us know whether it's broken or not.

So - update . Sorry not to post.
Turns out it was torn ligaments. Fat ankle, mega bruises, and told it could actually take longer to heal than a break!
She is actually more positive than i thought!
Out for a while. But glad to have her back!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I had been wondering how she was. OUCH on that update. I have hear the same thing about those kinds of injuries taking longer than breaks to heal. Glad she has a positive outlook, that will help.

It was mad and crazy. She had been the MOST fit and ready she had EVER been. Gutting really !
The coach with them said to her beforehand - if you score all your difficulty you can have cake with your dinner. She was so excited about this. Lol. I think they let her have it any way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Bugger is one word. Makes me laugh your English vocab! What age did you leave? Were your girls born in UK or Canada?

Bugger is one word. Makes me laugh your English vocab! What age did you leave? Were your girls born in UK or Canada?
My three kids were all born here in Quebec. I have son who is rarely mentioned. He is 21. I left the UK in 1990 and I was early 20s, so quite a while ago. I am headed back to Manchester later on in the year and I am realising that things have changed massively.

I am realising that things have changed massively.

Absobloodylutely - really keen to hear your insight on the differences 1993 to 2013!

Plus ca change
Plus c'est la meme chose?

My dad was from Manchester born 1932 in Hulme when it was a proper community supportive working class place!. Long long since been knocked down and re developed and not so nice ...

I was from North Manchester. Prestwich, ask your dad about the mental hospital. But I was born in the Ordsall slums, we moved out as they were tearing street after street of houses down in the late 60's. I have been looking on google earth at the changes, some parts I recognise, but other bits leave me feeling quite disoriented. It will be a very interesting blast from the past.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back