Injury help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnasticsgirly22

Coach
Gymnast
Hi!
So last year I had a major injury and had to take a year off... then I came back and things were smooth sailing and then I made a small mistake and endured another major injury. But luckily this time I was only out for about 3 months.

I start competing in 3 months but I lost all my strength and I can’t make any of my skills yet again. I’m really worried that my coaches might not compete me even though I already paid for all the meets and registered due to my skill level.

I’m currently like 2 levels below the one I’m supposed to be competing. I’m also the oldest in my group and wondering if I should continue with gym? I love it so much and my parents support me in either decision I make, but I’ve been injured 4 times in the past year or so and I just don’t know how much more I can take.

I’m stressing and struggling to get my skills and strength back. I’m also worried about competing or not being allowed to compete because my start value would not be a 10.0 on any of my events. I just don’t know what to do!!

Any tips?

Consult your coach about what to do moving forward. Most are trained in setting reasonable timelines for gymnasts with injuries.

You also said you don't start competing for a while, correct? I don't know what your injury was or how much you have already recovered, but you said you have been out for three months and won't compete for three more. That's six months after the injury/surgery. If you have paced yourself well, done PT, and listened to doctor's/coach's advice, you should be substantially recovered by the meet. If you are worried about strength, work on conditioning at home (to the extent you're comfortable with).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back