Injury in senior year of hs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been in gymnastics for 7 years and 3 months ago I came across my first major injury. I was working on front handspring fronts on vault and dislocated my shoulder. I ended up taring the cartilage which required surgery. I had my surgery about a moth ago and now waiting to get back to my doctor and start physical therapy. I was planing on doing gymnastics in college I recently got accepted to Texas Womens University. Now the problem is that since I am unable to work out or compete that means I am unable to be recruited. I'm not quite sure what I can do and really could use some advise on this. Also I will not be released to go back to working out until the summer/fall

Thanks, Jennifer :)

Have you been in contact with the coach? Gymnasts looking to be recruited have usually been in contact with programs well before their senior year of high school within NCAA guidelines. Has he seen videos of your gymnastics? If he likes what he sees, and you have a reasonable shot at coming back to full strength, he might be willing to let you come into the gym in the fall and just see where you stand at that point.
If I'm correct, TWU is Division II, so they don't offer athletic scholarships anyway. Because of this, the coach might be a little more flexible with late comers (or not), but it's worth a try. I really don't think it would hurt to just send an e-mail.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back