Injury update - Bogwoppit's DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just got back from the sports tharapist, much better than the doctor as the aim is to get her well quickly as opposed to the rest and wait method. DD has pulled and bruised the muscle between her finger and thumb on her right hand. She can't put any weight on it and it is very swollen, the good news is nothing is broken (phew). So she did ultrasound, massage and electro stimulation with icing and then taping, we will go back on Thursday for more of the same. She gave DD things to do, like hot and cold water immersions with stretching once the swelling goes down. DD won't do gym this week.

Things could be a lot worse, all the way to the appointment DD kept asking if we could still go to the away meet if she is really hurt:eek::confused: Kids are so funny.

Thanks for all the kinds words, I am sure the positive thought being sent her way will really help.:D

good to hear that! Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

I'm glad to hear your dd's ok. I sat beside a mother at Rayna's mock meet on Saturday and she scared the poop out of me as she listed the injuries her dd has faced.

Fortunately for us, Rayna's remained unharmed. I honestly don't know if I could send her back after an injury.

I hope your little one is as good as new soon:)

My dd's only injury so far was a broken elbow - I wish I could say she was doing something really cool at the time - but no - they were conditioning and she was messing around when she jumped off the bar and smacked her elbow (really hard).

Glad to hear nothing was broken - I hope it heals really fast !!

I hope it heals quickly and she can get back to what she loves.

My dd just got back to the gym from a meniscus injury of her knee and had to miss a meet. She kicked a dodge ball at gym class and injured it. She was so mad. Now it's just a matter of keeping it safe from re-injury.

I hope she gets back soon!

I am a level 8 gymnast and I haven't ever gotten seriously injuried..... I've had my fair share of bruises and rips though. lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back