WAG Injury week of State Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Scottskart

Proud Parent
Hey.
How do you find out if one can petition to Regionals if they get injured 4 days before state? She’s a level 10 gymnast...
Thanks.

Attachments

• 7C229397-381D-4A17-A398-644E9D2EAD8B.jpeg
    7C229397-381D-4A17-A398-644E9D2EAD8B.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 29
So it can be done with last years regional or national scores or this seasons scores if they scored at least 1 point higher than the qualifying score.

We are petitioning to regionals region 1, Level 8 and I read that you need to get the scores/Dr. note in by Monday after state or Wednesday if the gymnast was injured at the State meet. I don't think every region is the same though.

I believe for every region except 8, the petition score is a 35 (one point higher than qualifying). For R8, it is a 36 (qualifying is 35 for L10 and 35.5 for L9) . This would have to have been scored at a meet this season. You cannot use last year's regional competition because it was a different level. If she made it to L10 regionals last year, then you could have used that. But I think the petitioning score enters in for that as well.

Also, the Dr note has to read that she will be cleared before the date of the regional competition. As for chances of approval, that depends on your region and likely how your DD did this season.

I believe for every region except 8, the petition score is a 35 (one point higher than qualifying). For R8, it is a 36 (qualifying is 35 for L10 and 35.5 for L9) . This would have to have been scored at a meet this season. You cannot use last year's regional competition because it was a different level. If she made it to L10 regionals last year, then you could have used that. But I think the petitioning score enters in for that as well.

Also, the Dr note has to read that she will be cleared before the date of the regional competition. As for chances of approval, that depends on your region and likely how your DD did this season.

DD is petitioning Level 8 Region 1. We were told we needed proof of 35AA in meet this year (or at last years Regionals, if same level). Doctors release note indicating return to activity date prior to regionals, and includes doctors medical license #.

We thought the license # was weird, but hey easy enough to ask for.

DD is petitioning Level 8 Region 1. We were told we needed proof of 35AA in meet this year (or at last years Regionals, if same level). Doctors release note indicating return to activity date prior to regionals, and includes doctors medical license #.

We thought the license # was weird, but hey easy enough to ask for.

You’re fortunate that this is an option for level 8 in your region. In Region 3, qualification to level 8 regionals is by a percent so no petitions are allowed.

I believe for every region except 8, the petition score is a 35 (one point higher than qualifying). For R8, it is a 36 (qualifying is 35 for L10 and 35.5 for L9) .
Region 6 has no set qualifying scores.. it’s percent formula based om number of p p p participants at states.the top x qualify. In NY for as long as I have been paying attention it’s never been less then 36 or 7/8

Region 6 has no set qualifying scores.. it’s percent formula based om number of p p p participants at states.the top x qualify. In NY for as long as I have been paying attention it’s never been less then 36 or 7/8
According to the R6 website, the both L9 and L10 have a 34 qualifying score at state meet and 35 for petitioning. The OP was asking about L10 and that is what I was referring to for R8 and the other regions. But yes, the L6/7/8 regionals is by percentage in a few regions, including R8.

Region 8 is back to 35.00 at Level 9 in addition to Level 10. So petition for either would be 36.00.

Level 9 and 10 is a set score for every region, because regionals is not the final meet. Gymnasts then qualify to nationals based on placement. Level 6,7,8 varies for each region because it is up to each region to decide how they want to format regional competitions. They are required to provide some type of regional competition for L8 and each region decides if/how to format L6 and L7 regionals. Generally, you cannot petition in when it is based on placement because there is no way to determine placement unless you are actually competing in that meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back