Inspiration

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone!
I was just wonder how you guys get your inspiration. Some of my friends are incredibly competetive, some of them watch the International Girls and some of them get their own inspiration.
I like to watch montages of Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson and all of those girls. I also watch the Seniors at our gym.
What do you guys like doing?

Great question! I get my inspiration from my own imagination. I don't strive to be like someone else or copy other gymnasts. Although I do admire the hard work top level gymnasts do to get where they are, there is nothing more satisfying to me than being successful at the level I am at just being myself. :)

I get my inspiration from girls on utube like Crystal Leduc and Lizzy Leduc and nica hults as well as others.

I used to be the one that got my inspiration from competition. But that made me angry when i didn't do so well and not a very good team mate.. So i tried to concentrate on a goal that i wanted to reach and its helped me a lot.

Imagination and my friends we drive each other and cheer each other on.

I like to watch youtube videos like montages, there are a few really good ones that I like:
YouTube - Do You Remember When? This one is really good and inspirtational
YouTube - Welcome To My Life: The Real Side of Gymnastics ASnd this one is good two- my top 2
you have got to watch this: YouTube - Shawn Johnson montage "Little Wonders" that is the best montage of all time. i love it. shawn johnson even apparently put on twitter that she saw it and loved it so much and that it brought back so many memories i just love it :)

I've written inspirational quotes all over an old mirror with permanent marker. It sits in a place where I can see it no matter where I am in my room. They help to keep me going when I'm having a rough day (not just gymnastics-wise).

I also like to watch routines on Youtube of the same level as me. Seeing a similar routine to mine motivates me and makes me want to go and do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youtube-Top athletes IE especially: Shawn Johnson, and Jordyn Wieber
And my inner competitive drive/ determination. That's what is driving me to try this at an older age (14)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back