Interested in a Wiki?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If a wiki were added to the site, would you help edit it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
I have been wanting to integrate a wiki into the site for a while now. If a wiki were added to the site, would you help edit it?

Definition of wiki:
A wiki is a page or collection of Web pages designed to enable anyone who accesses it to contribute or modify content, using a simplified markup language.[1][2] Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites and to power community websites. The collaborative encyclopedia Wikipedia is one of the best-known wikis.[2] Wikis are used in business to provide intranets and Knowledge Management systems. Ward Cunningham, developer of the first wiki software, WikiWikiWeb, originally described it as "the simplest online database that could possibly work".[3]

"Wiki" (/wiːkiː/) is a Hawaiian word for "fast".[4] "Wiki Wiki" is a reduplication. "Wiki" can be expanded as "What I Know Is," but this is a backronym.[5]

I'd love to pitch in on something like this, but I don't know if I'd have much time to devote to it.

What sort of wiki are we talking here, by the way? Like a skills and drills wiki, or what?

I'd love to pitch in on something like this, but I don't know if I'd have much time to devote to it.

What sort of wiki are we talking here, by the way? Like a skills and drills wiki, or what?

Since it would be created by the members....it could be anything (related to gymnastics) that anyone would like to develop. I would lean towards skills and drills, but I'm sure some of our members would love to develop gymnast profile pages and history pages.

I'm not sure if it would take off or not....of course....I didn't know if this whole website would take off.:D

cool

Since it would be created by the members....it could be anything (related to gymnastics) that anyone would like to develop. I would lean towards skills and drills, but I'm sure some of our members would love to develop gymnast profile pages and history pages.

I'm not sure if it would take off or not....of course....I didn't know if this whole website would take off.:D

i think the idea is really cool!!

the web site definetly did take off and now it is super cool :)

I think thats a great idea. I really like wikipedia. I've created many gymnastics articles there. I'm sure we could make it work here.

I think is a great idea. :D

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

The first one to choose no....how embarrssing. I do think it is a awesome idea, I just wouldn't have time to help edit and stuff. Maybe sometimes but that would be rare. But it seems others are gun-ho about it so by all means do it. Should be fun. :)

The first one to choose no....how embarrssing. I do think it is a awesome idea, I just wouldn't have time to help edit and stuff. Maybe sometimes but that would be rare. But it seems others are gun-ho about it so by all means do it. Should be fun. :)

same here.
haha i said no and i was like "uh oh, what if I'm the only one who did?"
And like all-aroundgirl said, I think it's a great idea and I would love to read up on everything, i just wouldn't have the time to make my own articles or edit stuff.

Cool idea though :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back