Introducing ME

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey All,
I just joined this site (obviously) and each page keeps bugging me to introduce myself and make my first post, so here I go.

I have been involved with gymnastics for the past 15 years of my life. Practicing and competing for 13 and coaching for 6. I have competed for a private club, for high school and for the YMCA (and for a gym run by the military). I have coached for the YMCA, a couple of private clubs and a club run by the military, and now I am coaching tumbling for an All-star cheerleading team (nothing but tumbling). I have coached up to level 9, but I prefer levels 6-8.

I am always looking for new tumbling drills because (no offense to any cheerleaders) the cheerleaders I coach just chuck skills and they are super scary sometimes and dangerous to spot.

I think everyone no matter what age should be able to participate in a sport they love, and I competed until I turned 20. I missed last season because I didn't have a gym and will miss this season because I have no money. Sad. Maybe next year!

:)

Hi - welcome to CB.

Don't forget to go to your User CP and join a group so you can post in those forums too.

My DD is 8 and a L4 (not officially until Dec 15). She has not had a L4 practice yet - she was supposed to have her final L3 meet on Saturday, but she fractured a growth plate in her wrist area and is now in a cast so.......... As of Dec 15 she starts L4 practice schedule.

We moved to NC from Dumfries Va about 3 yrs ago

Hello and welcome to chalkbucket!! :wave: Glad you could join us!

Hi! Welcome to CB:D! My dd is 10 and a level 4. She just finished her fall competition season. This is a great place for information, and FUN:cool:!

Welcome. :) I hope you like it here, it's a good forum. I also agree with you that gymnasts should be able to perform no matter what age. Obviously Oksana Chusovitna (Spelling?) has proven that so much is possible beyond the traditional age cutoffs and there are so many other "adult" gymnasts out there as well as the story of the Vermont woman working to keep the sport alive for gymnasts who want to keep training. I'm a fan so I just find the sport amazing, and as long as someone wants to be able to try to do those feats I'm all for it. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back