Introduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

Vashongymmama

Hello! I live in Washington on a small island - we travel to Auburn for gymnastics with our two boys and another family from the island. Most of the fundraising is, naturally, done in Auburn and is fairly difficult for us to participate in. Our island community is close and tight - we'd like to have a dinner & auction on the island. Just wondering if anyone else has had to fundraise from "afar." Also, given that this will be an on-going situation, I'm exploring whether we can actually create our own 501 (c) (3) just for our boys' gymnastics. Anyone know about that? The on-line literature leaves me with more questions than answers.

Glad to find a forum like this,
March

Welcome to the Chalkbucket. I am going to be visiting Seattle next month for the first time, so I know exactly where you are and how isolated.

Feel free to post in the chalkbucket forum to get more parents/coaches to answer your thread. Financing gymnastics is a huge issue for all parents.

Hi,

I used to live in Bellevue and often visited in-laws who lived on Vashon island. You are so very lucky - what a lovely place to live (even if you do feel kind of isolated). I would trade that for the mid-west any day. lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back