Parents Invited to Level 4 Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD just started at her new gym at the end of April (she has been in developmental in her old gym since last June). Lots of issues, not learning much there...

Anyway, the summer assignments for the girls came out around Mother's day and they were going to have her do 1 day Level 4 and 2 days developmental so if she doesn't get her skills by fall she will still know the kids in devo. If she did get her skills by fall, she would feel part of the level 4 team.

Well, my girl has been growing by leaps and bounds in the short time that she has been there and has already caught up with the other level devo's going into level 4. So... she was offered a spot on level 4 team yesterday.

DD didn't seem thrilled when offered :eek: and said she wanted to stay in developmental. Well coach said its up to us and to think about it. I spoke to her afterwards, and re-explained that instead of doing level 4 1 day a week she'd do it 3 days a week with her current teammates. Her face lit up like the 4th of July and I got a double high five and a squeal of delight! Apparently, she thought she was skipping a level and going with the current level 4's (the ones moving to level 5) and would have to make all new friends again (after only being at this gym for 6 weeks).

Needless to say, she is thrilled and had to call Grandma right away to tell her she made level four team.

It is so nice to see her happy and feeling good about her gymnastics. The coaches at the old place had her so beaten down.

Also, the secretary told me that her coach said she was very talented. I said "really?!?" No one saw any talent or gave her any confidence where she us. It is so great to see her happy and to see the coaches believing in her.

She is having a blast and learning tons of skills. It is awesome to watch a happy kid out there.

Thanks for listening, y'all!

Sue Z

Hey Sue, that is wonderful news. Amazing the difference a good coach can make. I'm very happy for your little one, she must've worked very hard to get to this point so quickly.

Welcome to team.:)

Thanks Bog...

Yes, it is amazing, heck she's amazing!!! Yes, she's worked extrememly hard. I've never seen the look of determination I now see. I'm just so proud of her. Mostly though, I'm happy to see her treated fairly and rewarded for her hard work... and HAPPY!

Well we're off. It's my anniversary today (8 years of my dh putting up with me) so DD and I are going to the mall to get stuff for dad and then we're all going to dinner. My dear sister will babysit this weekend so we can have some alone time. :couple:

Seeya!

Congrats to your DD Sue! That is very exciting news :D I am so glad that your switch has worked out so well. Amazing how quickly your dd adjusted to the change. This sounds like it will be a really great season:)

Thanks Bog...

Well we're off. It's my anniversary today (8 years of my dh putting up with me) so DD and I are going to the mall to get stuff for dad and then we're all going to dinner. My dear sister will babysit this weekend so we can have some alone time. :couple:

Seeya!

Congratulations on your anniversary. It is always good to get away and remember why you married each other!;) Have a lovely weekend.

Congrats on dd making her L4 team and your anniversary!! Been through the whole negative gym experience and yes, my gymmie has come alive in her current gym.

Congratulations on her making team - how exciting. It is great that she seems to really like the girls too. That is too cute that she didn't want to do it because she didn't want to leave her new friends. Happy anniversary too !!

Congrats to your DD making the team!

We also had the neg experience w/my oldest, that was why we left our previous gym, only 1 coach saw her potential but he left, then she was pushed aside for another year till we finally left!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes... She enjoyed her first night of Lvl 4. Actually, she had the same coaches. She said there were a lot of kids she didn't know. I think more like 3 she didn't know. :D

As a bonus, she got her shoot through and if you could've seen the look of surprise :eek: followed by :D. Then she did it successfully a few more times. Coach said competition season starts in November so she has plenty of time to work on stuff. Also, if she's ready in 3 events and not 4, she can compete 3 events or 1 event or whatever. Pretty relaxed (thankfully) at this level.

Well, I worked last night and had two easy patients who kept me very busy. So I'm bushed. Have a great day everyone! Thanks again for your support!!!

Congratulations to your DD! It sounds like the gym switch has been great for her.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back