Parents Involvement in other sports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We do have two other children, a 12 y.o. son and a 5 y.o. son. We really have to limit the per-child activities if we hope to have any time for family. As it is, the oldest is not doing anything right now (he's tried piano and dance and is not at all into any sport) and the youngest is swimming. And they all do church activities in addition to school. That's enough for now.

My youngest daughter goes to gymnastics four days a week. That, plus my other kids' swim team activities, have us out late nearly every night of the week and booked every weekend with a meet of some type. Thankfully, swimming has ended for a couple of months (until summer swim starts), but my other daughter will be starting soccer soon. That means two practices a week and a game every Saturday. This summer, we will have gym and swimming every day. I am only happy that we will at least get our evenings back. The trade off will be all day swim meets on Saturdays I guess! I think it was easier when they were little!

Meg

My daughter did alot activities before she got on team level 4 10 hours a week. She still does dance for an hour a week but I am finding she wanted to quit all her other activities except gymnastics, she did do soccer in the fall but she has given up brownies, voilin, and swimming. Some of this was due because it conflicted with gym. I feel bad because she really enjoyed these activites and seemed to have fun without being stressed in doing well. She seems to love gymnastics but becomes very stressed at the meets. I would like her to do cheerleading again but I am not sure if she will be able. Competition gymnastics seems to be very time consuming.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back