Off Topic Ironing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, I don't get it. In catalogues and online it seems nobody likes to iron the stuff to show it. Jeans are wrinkly and leos look frumpy. I don't get why you wouldn't iron the clothes and show them so they're all nice and neat. But nobody seems to do it!

Well, it shows them as neat as they will likely be in the real world. Unless you iron all ur clothes everyday!

I'm a freak - I have an ironing board set up in my closet and iron my clothes everyday before I put them on. I have issues.

I'm a freak - I have an ironing board set up in my closet and iron my clothes everyday before I put them on. I have issues.

Now it all comes clear, you are actually British. My Mum irons her underpants, sheets, towles, in fact if you sit still in her house too ling looking wrinkly she'll probably take the iron to your face!!!

I iron so much less than I used to, in the UK I too ironed everything, but with the huge dryers you can buy here things are less wrinkly, I also like high tech fabrics they don't wrinkle as much.

What's ironing?

Oh, is that when I bung it all in the tumble drier for 10 minutes and fold when hot?

ha ya...i NEVER iron! and neither does my mom. I must have got that from her. maybe it takes too much patience.:p
I'll only iron dressy clothes if i have too! If everyday clothes are wrinkled i just hang it up somewhere for the night or whatever and hope it won't look as bad when i wear it.

I don't know why you would iron a leo. It wouldn't be appropriate for a lot of a the fabrics (neither is the dryer, no matter what the tag says) but I haven't had a big problem with leos looking wrinkled, nor have I noticed it in advertisements, which are usually digitally manipulated in the post-process to create smoother appearances. If jeans are wrinkled in an advert, I'd assume that's a specific branding choice since the "distressed" look is popular with some demographics.

I don't know why you would iron a leo. It wouldn't be appropriate for a lot of a the fabrics (neither is the dryer, no matter what the tag says) but I haven't had a big problem with leos looking wrinkled, nor have I noticed it in advertisements, which are usually digitally manipulated in the post-process to create smoother appearances. If jeans are wrinkled in an advert, I'd assume that's a specific branding choice since the "distressed" look is popular with some demographics.

hmmm.... we obviously shop different brands...:D

Is that meant to be funny or are you serious?

I am serious - that is all I ever do. It works really well, actually. If I was to iron clothes for 6 people (4 kids + hubby + me) I would not be able to do anything else. Everything that is worn in our house gets washed before being worn again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back