WAG Is a single bar release required for level 10?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Traci

Proud Parent
I know some things recently changed (well in September) with the requirements and I was just wondering. DD has a Tkatchev in her routine - and a shootover to HS. But other girls don't have a single bar release... Just wondering.

Yes, they also have the shootover to HS and then Chinese situp in theirs. ((DD does too plus the tkatchev)) Okay - do you know what the SV would be for them vs DD?

It is not a requirement, but there is a "choice of releases not up to competitive level" composition deduction of up to 0.2 at level 10. To receive no deduction, a routine should have 2 D or E release moves. Doesn't have to be single bar, could be a D/E high to low (bail HS, pak) and a D/E low to high (like a Schaposh). A routine with one D and one C release(like you describe her teammates having) would receive 0.05 or 0.1 of this composition deduction. That is if the shootover comes form and lands in handstand to receive D credit, if short of that it is a C, then the routine would only have two C releases and would get probably 0.15 deduction.

Yes, they also have the shootover to HS and then Chinese situp in theirs. ((DD does too plus the tkatchev)) Okay - do you know what the SV would be for them vs DD?

The start value is based on number of D/E elements and bonus connections. That is a separate issue from having a single release move. You can have a 10 start value without a single release element. To start from a 10, they need .5 in bonus (.1 for each D and .1 or .2 for connections) so it would be impossible for someone to tell you a start value without knowing the whole routine.
Where the single release element is helpful is for the "up to competitive level" deduction.

Unfortunately for now your DD will only have a slight advantage. But we are hoping that the powers change that for next season. In my opinion , no single bar release or shaposh element then it should be a flat .2. The end

Unfortunately for now your DD will only have a slight advantage. But we are hoping that the powers change that for next season. In my opinion , no single bar release or shaposh element then it should be a flat .2. The end
I don't see it as an advantage though! Lol.

And, as it stands right now - her routine is: spring board to mount to high bar - free hip to tkatchev, shootover to hs, Chinese situp - giant, giant - double back (hopefully double lay by state) for dismount. (( I think that's the order))

Well your daughter has a single bar release. Are you asking if it is required because she may not compete the tkatchev?

Well your daughter has a single bar release. Are you asking if it is required because she may not compete the tkatchev?

She does but she could use a bit more time to clean it up....which is why I am asking. If she took out the tkachev- how would that affect her SV.

She does but she could use a bit more time to clean it up....which is why I am asking. If she took out the tkatchev- how would that affect her SV.
Level 10 scoring is complicated. She still meets the special requirements, but would lose 0.2 in bonus(for the D tkatchev and the C+D clear hip/tkatchev connection), which would affect her start value. Then she would lose about 0.1 in the up to level composition.

That^^^ But think of it this way, she could get deductions on the tkatchev if not performing it well. Additionally, if she is not consistently catching the tkatchev, deductions on a fall is .5. The harder the skill, the more potential deductions. So even if she has a lower SV, it might work to her advantage until she has the skill consistently. If I had to guess what your daughter's start value, it would be 9.5 - 9.6 without the tkatchev and 9.8 - 9.9 with the release skill.

That^^^ But think of it this way, she could get deductions on the tkatchev if not performing it well. Additionally, if she is not consistently catching the tkatchev, deductions on a fall is .5. The harder the skill, the more potential deductions. So even if she has a lower SV, it might work to her advantage until she has the skill consistently. If I had to guess what your daughter's start value, it would be 9.5 - 9.6 without the tkatchev and 9.8 - 9.9 with the release skill.

Okay - thanks ya'll. I (personally) say she should maybe compete the first meet or two without the Tkatchev and continue perfecting it. But....I am not a coach - nor gymnast. :) I appreciate the help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back