Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Is anyone going to Nationals in Milwaukee?

Discussion in 'Trampoline & Tumbling (TRA)' started by LouLou, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are relatively new to T&T so DD is very excited to have qualified. I've seen the tentative schedule, etc online. Are tickets really $35 per day?! My husband and I will probably buy the wristbands, but we have friends/family that live in the area. She's only Level 8 so that's quite expensive for friends to watch a few passes!

Jard.the.gymnast likes this.
  2. We have 3 from our gym that are attending. Congrats to yours. It costs quite a lot to put together an event like this and it's part of how they recoup their costs for the venue and equipment. This is a pretty big competition for USAG JO athletes. Once you hit elites and go to things like the P&G Tour, etc. the price for entry really goes up (like close to $100 per session day)! So, $35 doesn't seem so bad in comparison to what comes!

3. No, $35 isn't much compared to that! Thanks for putting that into perspective. Those events are amazing. I guess I was thinking since Lvls 8-10 are in a separate building from elite that maybe there would be a ticket for just those sessions. Wishful thinking probably :)

MILgymFAM likes this.
  4. A bunch of my girls' friends are going (my DDs were L6 and L7 this year).

We will be mid cross-country move at the time- my DD asked if we could just pop up to Wisconsin and cheer them on, but we are doing the central route.

I don't think at $35 a day I would invite many extended family or friends. That is kinda steep for a L8 meet, when you think about it, so I completely understand!

Anyway.. Have fun, and congrats to your DD.

5. Thanks and good luck with the move! I guess her cheering squad won't be quite as large as we initially thought, but she's not used to a lot of people coming to watch anyway. I'm always such a basket case that I don't particularly enjoy sitting with family and friends anyway, lol.

MILgymFAM likes this.
  6. We are going. DD is also a Level 8. We bought a multi session pass through our gym. I have friends who wanted to come but as you said the individual sessions are expensive. Said I would send them a video :)

7. How'd it go???

8. It was great! DD did very well and some teammates did well also. Thanks for asking. The venue was good. Interesting to have rhythmic and acro people around - fun to watch them a little and see some of them stretching etc, in the hallways. Such very different styles of gymnastics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice