Parents Is ANYONE's gym still open?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
Just curious. No judgment. I realize every area is different with different risks and required precautions.

Our city just went on mandatory stay-at-home orders until 4/30...except healthcare, so I'm now in full blown panic about how my DH and I will keep managing to go to work and somehow find full time childcare in a lockdown (it actually is allowed for healthcare workers, but none of our sitters will agree to come! I can't really blame them...we are both in hospitals all day long and are likely to end up being vectors).

I had the same thought as bogwoppit, but truly being away from your kids would be awful too. :(

There definitely is nothing open here. Healthcare and groceries. That's about it.

That is an incredibly tough situation, hope you can find the help you need.

Find myself worrying about gymnastics because when I worry about the bigger picture outside of our immediate control it is beyond daunting, thinking about how to get DD exercise is easy when compared to thinking about how all the SMB and their staff out there are going to make it and what kind of ripple effect that would cause.

One of the area colleges around here has students that are willing to provide care for the children of first responders and healthcare workers (they decided to do it as a community service since they are doing online classes, but have none of their clubs)... maybe there are students nearby that would be willing?

You guys are so sweet! I didn't even mean to whine or vent - it just sort of happened! Thank you for being so sympathetic and kind.

I was truly just curious if any gym in the country is still open!

Family is not an option for us...too old and too far to drive to get them there anyway. We'll figure it out. Right now, our high school kid neighbors are staying with them and they are all virtual homeschooling together! I work with their dad, so I feel better that being around my kids is no more exposure for them than they are getting at home already.

Stay safe, everyone! And thanks again, for the support! It really made me smile.

Ours stayed open as long as they could while staying within state guidelines which I respect. They slowly just shut down different groups (first rec then, small groups for teams lower level teams etc) finally they closed all nonessential businesses in our state so they are closed now. Its hard to be a business owner right now trying to do right by your employees, yourself and be socially conscious and not put the community in danger. I wouldnt want all that added pressure in my life.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back