For Parents Is cash as part of a coach gift tacky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SophiaPD

Proud Parent
May 14, 2018
Country
USA
I have a little wallet-purse as a coach gift but I don't want to give it empty. Is it tacky to put cash in it? Do I need to buy a gift card? I am really pressed for time and would rather give cash if that's not weird. Otherwise it will probably be a print-out of an electronic gift card for Target or Amazon. Is that all fine?

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Madden3

Proud Parent
Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
I am not a coach, but for what it is worth I personally see nothing wrong with cash as a gift in this situation. Most people appreciate a little extra cash around the holidays! To reduce any possible tacky factor you could include a nice personal note in there as well.

Freddy's Fred

Proud Relative
Nov 19, 2017
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am not a coach, but for what it is worth I personally see nothing wrong with cash as a gift in this situation. Most people appreciate a little extra cash around the holidays! To reduce any possible tacky factor you could include a nice personal note in there as well.
When we give gift cards, we are throwing money down the drain. The companies make so much money off of the fees and the reality that most people don't spend down the whole card. Just give cash, if you were going to give a gift card.

coachp

Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Apr 5, 2013
SOCAL
Country
USA
I have a little wallet-purse as a coach gift but I don't want to give it empty. Is it tacky to put cash in it? Do I need to buy a gift card? I am really pressed for time and would rather give cash if that's not weird. Otherwise it will probably be a print-out of an electronic gift card for Target or Amazon. Is that all fine?
Cash yes !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!