WAG Is it unusual to be weakest at tumbling? (Longish)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DDs FHS vaults her first year of old L5 were so bad they would be described as front limbers over the vault. She got over though, but wow looking back at videos they were awful. Judges were pretty generous in retrospect - ;). Maybe they felt bad cause she was so tiny.

I am definitely expecting something similar from my dd this year. [emoji23]. Bless her heart, she can barely make that springboard move.

My 9 yo is similar in size. Maybe 50lbs. I suspect she is slow twitch as well. Although smaller in stature, her muscles are long and lean. Bars and beam are most definitely her strongest events. Vault is her nemesis. We're just happy she's not "walking" on the table with her hands when she vaults anymore. [emoji23]
The walking on the hand's vault for FHS was the best stage...total torture!

I guess I got the fast twitched then....which would explain why she reacts so quickly and intensely to anything I say these days, bahaha

This gives me hope! My 11 yr old is just hitting the 65 lb range. I hope it means I'll see better vaults this season. She is strong but a twig. For years I've seen the more compact girls being much more powerful with their vault and floor. I swear the spring board didn't even move when she started front handsprings over the table. I almost hate watching vault as much as watching beam (though beam is DD's favorite, but she sounds similar to most kids in this thread, beam and bars are her easier events.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back