WAG Is Kerry Perry Doing A Good Job Running USA Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is Kerry Perry doing a good job running USA Gymnastics?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 55 98.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Kerry Perry is out.... I get that she was tone deaf and really didn’t grasp anything about the sport but I kinda think that’s exactly why she was there ... like a place holder.

I can’t imagine anyone who would want this dumpster fire of a job going forward...and if it IS a person without any gymnastics experience, I hope they at least get a crash course on the sport and it’s culture...

I agree I think she was a placeholder. I think whoever takes it next will have to open the closet and bare all. It is a risk but without acknowledgment and admission, the public will not give USAG a redo. To me, the job does not look that difficult if you leave the politics and old agenda behind. You could focus on running the business, protecting the current and former athletes. Leave the gymnastics to experts who deserve to hold positions of high value.

I think was time to stop worrying about spin a long time ago and bring in someone whose expertise is in fixing organizations that have gone badly off the rails. On a much smaller scale, the religious school my kids attended had to do this a few years ago. The board had become completely dysfunctional to the point that the principal quit in the middle of a meeting. A new person who had a long career in fixing non-profit boards came in for a year and ran things.

I know that litigation is scary and lawyers will always advise caution in communications, but honestly at this point, the exposure is so great and the evidence of clear negligence out in the open is so damning that I think there's very little to be gained from continuing to prioritize a legal-damages-minimization strategy as the top organizational priority.

I think was time to stop worrying about spin a long time ago and bring in someone whose expertise is in fixing organizations that have gone badly off the rails. On a much smaller scale, the religious school my kids attended had to do this a few years ago. The board had become completely dysfunctional to the point that the principal quit in the middle of a meeting. A new person who had a long career in fixing non-profit boards came in for a year and ran things.

I know that litigation is scary and lawyers will always advise caution in communications, but honestly at this point, the exposure is so great and the evidence of clear negligence out in the open is so damning that I think there's very little to be gained from continuing to prioritize a legal-damages-minimization strategy as the top organizational priority.

I could not agree more. Massive organizational change is needed now. I only hope they find someone willing to take on this challenge....who has experience in change leadership. This is not going to be an easy job. But if they truly find someone with the right intentions, and some ideas, I think the gymnastics community would get behind them.

Are you available?

So Kerry Perry is out.... I get that she was tone deaf and really didn’t grasp anything about the sport but I kinda think that’s exactly why she was there ... like a place holder.

I can’t imagine anyone who would want this dumpster fire of a job going forward...and if it IS a person without any gymnastics experience, I hope they at least get a crash course on the sport and it’s culture...

I'll do it. Plenty of experience dealing with the aftermath of disaster, chaos, and crisis, grew up in the sport, went, dealt with similar abuse in a different high level sport, a very strong brain to mouth filter, and no reputation to live up to or destroy. Probably couldn't screw it up any worse than anyone else, either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back