Is my progression too slow?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi well, let me give you some background
I'm 15 and have never done gymnastics till last month. I joined an all star cheer team at a gym and the coach said I had great potential and should try out gymnastics, so i did. They put me on a level 3 team for now to assess my skills but said I'm more of a level 5/6 is that good? Also about my tumbling... I didn't even know how to do a cartwheel etc. until last month and now I have my front/back walkovers, standing back handspring, and round off back handspring and working tucks it seems like most people my age are working fulls and more. Do you think within a year or two I might get up to my where my age level is? Thanks :)

No one's progress can be "too slow" unless they are purposely held back by their coaches or themselves - everyone progresses at different rates at different times. Don't compare yourself to other people because everyone is different and there are so many factors that go into progressing - talent, strength, control over body positions, etc. That being said, you've learned a lot in a short time and are learning skills that most people don't learn until they've been in gymnastics for at least a couple years, so I would say you're doing great! I can't see into the future so I don't know if you'll have a full in a year or two, but if you just take it one day at a time and keep pushing yourself I'm sure you'll succeed - and that can be applied to other areas of you life, too :). Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back