Is my routine too easy??/Number of tumbling passes for level 10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, i'm about to be a first year level 10 since my level 9 season is over at the moment and recently I decided with my coach that I wanted to only compete two tumbling passes instead of the usual three next season. My tumbling is fairly weak and all I am able to manage is barely a double tuck and then dismount with a front tuck through to a double full. My coach liked the idea that I will occur possibly less deductions but he says the judges might personally dislike my composition and take off deduction for that. Although my tumbling is fairly weak my dance elements are very strong, and especially my spins and turns. I am consistent on my memmel and mustafina as well as my semenova and triple turn. I was planning on doing a memmel in my routine and then a reverse double turn directly to a triple to get a .2 bonus and then I would have 10 SV. My leaps are just a switch ring to a ring leap. I'm pretty ignorant on the fine print of the code of points and I dont know if my routine would concur any up to level or comp deductions. But I dont really know. My vault is also pretty weak and I can barely pull through a yurchenko layout(more of a pike). Im thinking of switching to a forward vault like a cuervo. My bars is a 10 SV at the moment and my beam is in the process right now. Does anyone have any tips because i'm worried about my chances for this season and if colleges will look down on my tumbling passes since I'm really hoping to try and get a college scholarship, though they might not use me on floor anyways. Thank you to anyone who wants to help! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back