Parents is this normal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

newmom

Proud Parent
My daughter is 5 and just started gymnastics a few months ago. During class she jumps around and will sometimes get side tracked doing other stuff instead of paying attention to the coach. I know it is boring waiting your turn. when they are doing floor exercises she will be climbing on other mats or incline while they are waiting there turn to do cartwheel or handstand. Then she started doing flip on bar, but quit doing it for awhile. The past couple weeks she has done it, but today she didn't want to do it. She also when waiting her turn on the bar she will be off doing cartwheel. She just doesn't sit like the other kids, but there are a couple kids in her group that are the same way. She is having fun and likes going. I just want her to have fun which she is. I'm just wondering if she will out grow the climbing around and be consistence on doing the bar. She goes once a week. Would she need one on one with coach to over come her fear of bar?

I don't want to jump to conclusions... But I feel like your post doesn't make much sense and the red flags are going up for me....

There are a few reasons why this post can't be real:
1. Your post topic and your question at the end are completely unrelated.
2. Any coach who doesn't want to risk getting sued for a child getting hurt due to their negligence would never let a student just run all willy nilly around the gym. If your DD really played around on the other equipment that often, she wouldn't still be allowed to come to class.
3. What the marshmallows is a flip on bar?
4. You said she doesn't sit still like the rest of the girls but then you said a couple of kids in her class do the same thing.
5. No child who just started out in beginner gymnastics needs private lessons, nor do they usually have anything "consistent"

That last one was more advice than pointing out something wrong

But yeah.....um....what?

There are a few reasons why this post can't be real:
1. Your post topic and your question at the end are completely unrelated.
2. Any coach who doesn't want to risk getting sued for a child getting hurt due to their negligence would never let a student just run all willy nilly around the gym. If your DD really played around on the other equipment that often, she wouldn't still be allowed to come to class.
3. What the marshmallows is a flip on bar?
4. You said she doesn't sit still like the rest of the girls but then you said a couple of kids in her class do the same thing.
5. No child who just started out in beginner gymnastics needs private lessons, nor do they usually have anything "consistent"

That last one was more advice than pointing out something wrong

But yeah.....um....what?
.. that's why I responded the way I did. Although if it's a legit post.. sorry to OP for being so snarkie.

A lot going on with your daughter, foot issues, stuff she does your home equipment.

But what is most perplexing is that your daughter has friends 2 years younger then her who are more advanced and stronger. If your girl is five that would make those friends 3. They must be true prodigies.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back