WAG Is this surprising or not? Amimee Boorman moves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was surprised.

Aimee said after the Olympics, "this may have been our last meet together" and the article says her family already moved.

Aimee also said that Simone was going to take some time off.

I wonder who knew when but the timing makes sense.

I'm interested in seeing what comes next for everyone.

I'm stunned....I thought that when Simone's parents opened their gym, and Aimee moved to there from Bannons, that it was a plan for the very long term. I know they've been together a long time as it is but Aimee's fairly young and I figured she'd sail off into the sunset from World Champions Center in Texas...

I'm stunned....I thought that when Simone's parents opened their gym, and Aimee moved to there from Bannons, that it was a plan for the very long term. I know they've been together a long time as it is but Aimee's fairly young and I figured she'd sail off into the sunset from World Champions Center in Texas...
That was kind of my impression as well.

Not really. Justin moved there a little before Rio under the title "head coach" so I assumed she was at least taking a lot of time off. I mean at first I figured okay they need another coach while she's gone and for the next quad and whatever, but then when he went in under the title of head coach I figured that she was going to take time off. Before they opened the gym she had told the parents that she would finish the quad with Simone but then she wasn't sure she could spend so much time away from her family.

I have read interviews from previous years that make this not all that surprising. Aimee seems like a very family orientated person, and it seems like she has really done a lot to continue to coach Simone because she knew Simone may not do well under others. Think about the time Simone has been at camps and competitions with Aimee... that's a long time away from her family. Part of the reason I admire Aimee as a coach is the fact that gymnastics is not all-consuming for her, its just gymnastics and this translates to a calm and caring coach. Aimee never aspired to be an elite coach, it just happened that an incredibly gifted gymnast needed her guidance. If Simone is ready to train again and wants to work with Aimee I am sure her family would be able to make that work.

There is a video of the announcement at the new gym with her family. She said it was in the works for a few months and there were lots of good "secret keepers" while hugging her kid.

She's been on a business trip for the past 5 weeks with tons of hours for the past 5 or so years. I'm sure she is ready for more normal hours.

They are in good hands. New gym with state of the art facilities, new squad of young, talented, and excited coaches with the talent and energy to build a fantastic program, big name as a result of being associated with Simone and talented kids coming from all over to work with them- they really have everything in place for the continuation of a successful program.
And really, I'm not too sure how much Aimee was working with the elite hopefuls and upper level optionals in the first place. I think Simone was her primary job.

They are in good hands. New gym with state of the art facilities, new squad of young, talented, and excited coaches with the talent and energy to build a fantastic program, big name as a result of being associated with Simone and talented kids coming from all over to work with them- they really have everything in place for the continuation of a successful program.
And really, I'm not too sure how much Aimee was working with the elite hopefuls and upper level optionals in the first place. I think Simone was her primary job.

This is true. Aimee was really just there for Simone as far as I understand. She trained at another gym while hers was being built, and once it opened they offered the head coaches from that gym the head coaching jobs at the new one....most of the optionals and elite hopefuls followed their coaches to the new gym. Ready made team, still training under the coaches they'd always had. I know it has exploded since then though with gymnasts from everywhere. And the original head coaches have accepted a new offer elsewhere too...

This is true. Aimee was really just there for Simone as far as I understand. She trained at another gym while hers was being built, and once it opened they offered the head coaches from that gym the head coaching jobs at the new one....most of the optionals and elite hopefuls followed their coaches to the new gym. Ready made team, still training under the coaches they'd always had. I know it has exploded since then though with gymnasts from everywhere. And the original head coaches have accepted a new offer elsewhere too...

That is incorrect information. The gym that Simone trained at while WCC was being built is not the gym that the optional coaches came from. They came from Cypress. Nobody followed Aimee and Simone from the gym she trained at. The head coaches there are the owners of that gym.

That is incorrect information. The gym that Simone trained at while WCC was being built is not the gym that the optional coaches came from. They came from Cypress. Nobody followed Aimee and Simone from the gym she trained at. The head coaches there are the owners of that gym.

If you read, I said the gym she trained at while WCC was being built.

She had already left her old gym at that time, and she and Aimee were at Cypress in the interim. ;)

Jon Horton even talked about it in the livecast - the ego blow of tumbling next to her when she was training at Cypress. :)

If you read, I said the gym she trained at while WCC was being built.

She had already left her old gym at that time, and she and Aimee were at Cypress in the interim. ;)
They may have been at Cypress for a time, but they also worked out at AIM for a few months as well. There are several videos on YouTube of Simone there as well as a couple of print interviews done at the time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back