Is Tuition Up Due to Coronavirus?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has tuition increased at your gym due to COVID-19?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Yes... but not due to COVID-19

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
As you start to receive opening information from your clubs... is anyone going back to a tuition increase?

Not that I know of yet. There is usually a change at the beginning of summer, but since they don't know what is happening yet June 1st, we have not heard anything.

We are actually paying less right now? Since we're not jumping straight back into full hours we're being charged less. I was fully expecting to be paying the same amount as before.

We’re going into a 3% increase starting June, to “cover the cost of cleaning”. Our hours are drastically reduced as well

We usually hear after school ends and they sign their yearly contract. Since most of the boys who are leaving do so after the meet season ends. That gives the gym a way to know what their revenue will be so they know how much to charge. Our gym will probably not open until June at the earliest.
It will be tough because they will probably not run as many rec classes and summer camps.
Our gym is pretty good at keeping down costs. I think the biggest price jump was 75 a month when we went from 16 to 20 hours. Otherwise it is usually about 20 a month increase.
Whatever they charge, and I think it will be a larger increase than years past, I won’t complain because we haven’t been charged for April and May.

Thanks all for responding... keep replying to this thread as time goes on.

To clarify... not really looking for an increase or decrease by increasing or dropping hours... instead... interested in an actual price increase. For example... 9 hours was $300... now it's $325.

I think many gyms will have to increase their rates due to reduced occupancy, increased cleaning, etc.

I could not bring myself to put tuition up at this time. With so many people losing jobs, or having hours/pay reduced. And with gymnasts being absent fo so long, not a great way to entice families to return. But for us it’s approaching mid year, which is an unusual time to put fees up anyway.

Older DD is increasing hours significantly as a new Optional, so I’m not sure what the rates were pre-Covid when she was a L4, but younger DD L2 will be returning at same hours with a $15/month increase. So all told I’m paying $100 more per month as of June 1st. Could be worse. I was expecting to pay more anyways.

Our tuition increases every year around this time. I wouldn't expect them to increase more due to COVID-19.

Tuition has increased every year DD16 has been on team, usually at the start of summer session July 1st. I fully expect an increase this year and am wondering if it will be on par with the amount of previous increases.

Just adding a poll and reviving this thread.

We were given two options - pay normal tuition for the 3 months we were out, and then lock in flat rates for this upcoming year OR pay a reduced rate for the 3 months that the gym was closed (and we had zoom) and then take an increase, which we've just learned will be 10%. Standard increase is closer to 3%. (And of course hours are significantly reduced still due to COVID, so HOURLY increase is substantial - but that's kind of different.)

Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back