WAG Is your gym going forward with USAG?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wendie

Proud Parent
Has your gym discussed the immediate future of USAG with you? Our gym has always competed under USAG in Northern California– and our gym owner is super worried that USAG is going to fold (shortly) under the pressure of the recent issues/lawsuits, etc. Is this a worry that is coming up at your gym amongst coaches/parents/owners? Is your gym planning on joining another league if you are currently operating under USAG? Would love to hear what is being discussed at other gyms across the country! Thank you!

We just received the new contract for next season, which includes the date to renew the gymnasts USAG membership, so I’d assume they are going ahead with USAG.

Reactions: sce
Our renewal forms are due in July, including usag membership forms. Our gym hasn’t spoken about any of it officially at all, and the hc only spoke to complain about what a pain all the new rules are. Sigh.

Reactions: sce
Our gym owner discussed this at an earlier meeting. We have another meeting coming up so I am interested in any updates she may provide. I think the consensus is to stick with USAG but I know that the owners in our area are very concerned that they will not make it through all the lawsuits. There really aren’t other options at the caliber of gymnastics we need. We have TOPS/Hopes kids and a pretty big level 9/10 team so I think at least for now we are kinda stuck.

We did get a note from gym the other day that said the new rule is that parents have to register their own kids with usag now? We used to fill out the form and the gym did them all at once and just charged out accounts for our dues. She said she would send more info as the deadlines get closer. I know she said that there was talk of waiting a little longer to pay those dues so we didn’t lose them if things go south.

Any updates on the new organization that is supposed to be there ready to pick up the pieces should USAG go under? They aren’t updating their facebook page that I have seen.

We are moving forward with USAG.

Anyone registered their own kids with usag yet? Just curious if anyone did it. Last year the gym did everything so just wanted to make sure I don't make a mistake

You won’t be able to until June 15th. All I know other than that is you will need your own login to the USAG site. I made mine years ago... but I think all you need is your gymnasts existing USAG number.

The last time I looked on the site in May there were no updated instructions, but my gym told me the site would be updated closer to June 15th

Dd's gym hasn't said anything, but the girls training L6 are working on the new vaults and talking about the requirement changes for beam and bars so I'm assuming we're going ahead with USAG.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back