IS your username NAVY BLUE?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If your username is navy blue, and I've noticed a lot of you lately, it's time to join one of our usergroups.

Click on your USER CP, top left hand of page.

Click on GROUP MEMBERSHIP.

Then choose the group/s that apply to you.

You can be a member of more than one group and you can also choose which group to be identified as.

WHY??? Well it helps other members work out what angle you are coming from, but it also allows you to post in certain places.

I am looking forward to seeing all sorts of colours pop up in the next few hours. It is lovely to have so many new members here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about the group memberships. I've been on here a while & have yet to figure this out. How can you be identified as more than one thing. Right now I think mine says coach, but I'm also a member of other groups. I noticed yours says parent/coach/moderator. I can't get mine to identify with more than one group. Thanks for the help.

Go to User CP, click "Edit your Details," and scroll down. You may see a field for a custom user title.

I say "may" because I'm not actually sure if everybody has this option or just the moderators.

Non-moderators can become members of multiple groups, but we only have the option to identify as one category. I shall remain purple until I can be a coach/gymnast/judge because I like to integrate my experiences in gymnastics. :)

I have a question about the group memberships. I've been on here a while & have yet to figure this out. How can you be identified as more than one thing. Right now I think mine says coach, but I'm also a member of other groups. I noticed yours says parent/coach/moderator. I can't get mine to identify with more than one group. Thanks for the help.

Great question...just PM me and I will manually change your title if you would like.

I'm confused... Is being purple bad? I mean, I'm in the gymnast group, and I'm also a registered member I'm pretty sure. I always thought that the color had to do with how much you came on the website and how much every one liked you...

I'm confused... Is being purple bad? I mean, I'm in the gymnast group, and I'm also a registered member I'm pretty sure. I always thought that the color had to do with how much you came on the website and how much every one liked you...

No your name colour is nothing to do with the number of posts or how much thanks or reputation you have. You change the colour by going into user user cp and joining the groups that represent you the best, each group has a colour. SOmetimes you can join two or three groups and then you have to choose which group represents you the best.

This helps other mebers to identify other people in their group. Also it allows you to post in some specific forums like the gymnasts one.

Hope that helps.

This is an old thread...but we still want you to identify yourselves into the appropriate usergroup if possible. Just log in and click on "My Subscriptions" at the top of the page. You username will turn the appropriate color after you "identify" yourself as a member of a usergroup.

It takes two steps...you must first "join" the usergroup...then you must go back to the page and "identify" yourself as a member of that usergroup.

You may "join" multiple usergroups...but you may only "identify" as one (so pick your main group).

see how observent I am I didn't even notice the names were in different colors. Seems I'm orange hope that means gym mom

My user name seems to be Navy Blue, but when I look at my setting I think I have a few group memberships??? Not being very savy I even think I have some that maybe I shouldn't???

My user name seems to be Navy Blue, but when I look at my setting I think I have a few group memberships??? Not being very savy I even think I have some that maybe I shouldn't???

I went into your profile as an admin and fixed you up. You are now identified as a proud parent, so your name is yellowish! I also took you out of the one group that didn't seem to fit!!!

I went into your profile as an admin and fixed you up. You are now identified as a proud parent, so your name is yellowish! I also took you out of the one group that didn't seem to fit!!!

Thanks Alot!! I am sure that was much easier than trying to walk me through it! Your help is appreciated!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back