1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It was magical

Discussion in '2017 World Gymnastics Championships' started by 1canadiangymmom, Oct 10, 2017.

1. 1canadiangymmom

1canadiangymmom Member Proud Parent

Canada Canada
    I am so glad we went. This was the first real international gymnastics event we have every been to. Yes, there has been an international session or 2 at meets we have attended but nothing like this. Our group went to all of the women's qualifying sessions, Womens AA finals, and all the event finals. I am so glad that we made this trip. The athletes were amazing, Montreal was beautiful, the food was fantastic and the weather could not have been better. My favorite things though were Brooklyn Moore's floor - just wow, and in the Men's HB final, the gymnast that missed one of his hands on the release move, stayed on the bar with just one arm, found the bar with his other hand, and just kept going. That was truly insane. And lastly, dd getting to meet all the US women, all the Canadian women, 2 of the US men, and Mia from Japan (and dd being surprised when she did not speak english). Could not have asked for a better experience.

Aero, M2Abi, NY Dad and 5 others like this.

2. gymmomx2

gymmomx2 Active Member Proud Parent

Canada Canada
    Your DD met Mai? I'm insanely jealous :D

63224 likes this.
  3. 1canadiangymmom

1canadiangymmom Member Proud Parent

Canada Canada
    Yes she did, she was absolutely star struck.[​IMG]

Aero, chalkbowl, vagymmomma and 7 others like this.
  4. Mom2Chickadee

Mom2Chickadee Member Proud Parent

Canada Canada
    My DD met Mai too. She was staying at the same hotel as us and got a picture with DD and her BFF. She was adorable! I have to agree, the entire weekend was amazing, and better than Christmas for my DD.