It was only a matter of time! - Trampoline parks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aussie_coach

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
http://www.osbornmachler.com/trampolines/media.html

I just wanted to put this out there, highlighting the dangers of trampoline parks, I saw videos of them in the USA and I was dreading the day we got them in Australia. Well that day has arrived and lots of them are springing up (no pun intended) in our country now. Not in my local area yet thank goodness!

They seem to break every safety rule we have - multiple people on tramps at the same time, kids chucking tricks being supervised by adults who have no idea what they can do safely, jumping from tramp to tramp, bouncing all over the sides. No wonder they have led to so many injuries and even a death!

I am putting this article up in my gym!

Crazy places. My oldest went to one a few weeks back here, she dropped a friend off for a party. DD said it was s horror show with kids bouncing all over the place, not safe in her opinion.

Here the people supervising are mostly older teens. Very scary. We don't go anymore, but when we did, only went during the day (we homeschool) when here were no other kids. I made my kids follow my rules, too

Ugh, there is one of these opening in my town soon. Some of the parents want to have a boys' team outing there. I'm going to try to convince them not to, but if they go ahead, my guy's not going. Hopefully if they talk about it with the program director, he will read them all the riot act. He hates all trampolines outside of gyms.

One opened up down the street from our gym and the coaches told all the girls to stay away from it. My kids keep begging to go but I won't take them.

These are the only Birthday parties I've ever not let my DD attend. No matter how upset she got. I felt bad for her missing the party, but not for protecting her from the potential injuries.

These are the only Birthday parties I've ever not let my DD attend. No matter how upset she got. I felt bad for her missing the party, but not for protecting her from the potential injuries.
Same here. Weve had some pretty nasty injuries reported in the media around here and I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

We go occasionally. It's funny how the gymnastics kids are horrified by the crazy kids doing stunts with no training.
It is dangerous. No question.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back