WAG It's thst time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

z2akids

Proud Parent
Floor music. DD will be competing either XP or L6 this winter and needs to cboose floor music.

She is having a devil of a time picking music that her coach agrees with.

Anyone up for making suggestions?

DD - 12, not a particularly strong/fast tumbler (robhsbt and ft will likely be her passes), good dance and her leaps and jumps are really coming along. She is more of a bars/beam kid.

She is a silly, goofy kid. She likes swing, but they are really too fast for her.

Any ideas?

Floor music. DD will be competing either XP or L6 this winter and needs to cboose floor music.

DD - 12, not a particularly strong/fast tumbler (robhsbt and ft will likely be her passes), good dance and her leaps and jumps are really coming along. She is more of a bars/beam kid.

She is a silly, goofy kid. She likes swing, but they are really too fast for her.

Any ideas?
DD liked pink panther which I think could be a fun routine.

Any ideas?
What about "Happy" or "Big Spender"

Has she considered anything in the broadway genre? Might find something a little slower but also fun. Thinking Hard Knock Life, Hey Big Spender, Do Re Mi... Hamilton fan? They even have Alexander Hamilton at floorexpressmusic.com (kinda glad my DS doesn't need music, LOL).

Edit: just saw @raenndrops already mentioned Big Spender. Sorry :)

Has she considered anything in the broadway genre?
Steam Heat from Pajama Game (based on your description, this could really work)
Hernando's Hideaway from Pajama Game
It's Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me, Kate
Whatever Lola Wants from Damn Yankees

How do the girls feel when another girl has the same music in optionals?
I know, at least from my experience, that some girls get excited to hear "their" music and actually will watch the other girl if they can. They may come up with a different way to do something choreo-wise.
There are always a couple girls at a meet with the same music - sometimes even the same exact cut. If they want something nobody else has, they have to come up with an idea, come up with the source material, and create it themselves (or have someone do it for them).

I know, at least from my experience, that some girls get excited to hear "their" music and actually will watch the other girl if they can. They may come up with a different way to do something choreo-wise.
There are always a couple girls at a meet with the same music - sometimes even the same exact cut. If they want something nobody else has, they have to come up with an idea, come up with the source material, and create it themselves (or have someone do it for them).
Thanks. My DD will be competing to limerock this season.

No suggestion to the OP as many great ones have already been given!
DD was somewhat in the same boat when getting her L7 routine: she liked faster swing inspired music but couldn't really keep up with the speed required for that. She ended up with a Lindsey Sterling piece that was really pretty and a good "starter" Optional routine.
I wouldn't worry too much about the risk that others may have the same music. One of the music pieces DD wanted was vetoed by the choreographer because it would be "too popular". We didn't hear it once. Across 3 states. In 2yrs. We heard DDs floor music ONE other time, which considering it was a Lindsey Sterling piece, is pretty astounding. We DID hear a few of the other girls' music, and it was always interesting and fun to see what some other choreographer did with the same music, but honestly it happened far less than we thought it would.
One of our girls used a cool cut of Pink Panther recently, and it was a neat routine.

Please do not tell my child about this. She is already obsessed with choosing floor music even though that is 2? 3? more? years in the future. I actually did like Hamilton the first 5,987 times I heard it...

I miss that phase!

The cut is actually decent (many aren't), though it can be our secret. ;)

I have to admit that I still kinda like the soundtrack, though I don't let him listen to it as often. Got DS tickets to see it for this upcoming Christmas/my birthday. :) He's going to flip (maybe literally, ha).

I miss that phase!

The cut is actually decent (many aren't), though it can be our secret. ;)

I have to admit that I still kinda like the soundtrack, though I don't let him listen to it as often. Got DS tickets to see it for this upcoming Christmas/my birthday. :) He's going to flip (maybe literally, ha).

Mine thinks Santa Claus is going to bring her tickets. I don't know if he has that much magic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back