Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

it's time

• Thread starter flippin fool 08
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flippin fool 08

Ok it is finnaly here of friday i start compeating and I am so excited but when I wake up that morning I won't even want to get out of bed I will be so scared and ya.

WHAT SHOULD I DO????????????

G

gracefulone

You seriously need to relax. Don't psych yourself out. You have to be ready to go out there and have a great time, really perform it.

Robindq

Dec 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I have the exact same problem! I get so nervous at competitions! I practice my routines perfectly during training but they suck in competitions because im so nervous.
One thing I have recently been doing (which i think is helping) is not watching any routines of the gymnasts i'm competing against.
Also one time before beam i talked to a fellow gymnast and totally took my mind off the competition...and when i did my routine i didn't shake at all! Ok, i was a little shaky at the end, but it was so much better than usual (and i ended up getting 1st)lol
hope this helps XD
GOOD LUCK

gymgymgymnast08

Proud Relative
Former Gymnast
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
Well if you have an ipod listen to pump it up music and don't watch your teammates. I totally can't watch my teammates on beam if I have to go after them. SO I don't really watch them then I go and kick butt! haha

What level r u?

PeaceLoveGymnastic

Jan 12, 2008
Canada
You just have to remember that you're doing this for yourself, and no one can stop you. This is your time to shine! Before I go, I just think to myself, "Hey, this is what I do, and I have the power to do it!" Just give it your all!!!! good luck!!!!

F

flippin fool 08

thanks i am compeating level 6 but some of my coaches think that i can compeat level 7

L

Livz12

relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take a deep breath and dont hold back u fall...u fall it 1 meet out of like 1 bizziloin u will do!!!!! just RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.