Parents ~Itty Bitty Baby Brag~

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just a short little brag, if that's alright? :D

Floor: Pixie got her roundoff BHS, back tuck, this week!
Bars: She got her fly away off the high bar, too!

She was soOo excited, Her daddy picked her up this week from practice and she came home running up to me yelling "guess what!?" I honestly wasn't expecting either of those as an answer. I was joking with her and said if you keep this up you may move right on to L7, and she started giggling, lol!

Well, that's it. I was just so happy for her because I hadn't really seen her get that worked up over getting new skills before. I think they made her feel like one of the big girls ;)

Thank you ladies! It really is amazing how much she is learning. Last season they didn't let the girls do any uptraining during competition season and this summer she spent the whole time trying to get her L5 skills to get moved up. I think that system stunk and they knew it. This year she is picking things up left and right and I feel it's because they actually let the girls try this year. They are even letting all the L4 girls try these harder skills it will really benefit them in the long run instead of being held down like Pixie and her other L4 (who should be a L5) teammate. I'm not sure why they made the change but I'm glad they did!

Those are some pretty BIG skills! I am glad they changed their system of introducing skills. My dd has been to both types of gyms. Her new gym has them uptrain all year round. We have several level 3's with kips and ROBHS. Eventhough they may not be ready to compete that level they will totally rock when they do get there. Good Job to Pixie! DOn't you just love seeing them sooo excited about new skills!!!

Can't wait to see it!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back