JBS Apologizes to Bog

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You should have just reported the post in question to the mods by using the little triangle ! button on the bottom left of the post. Then the mods could have taken action if needed.

This is exactly what is happening in too many threads on the site.

I feel pretty clueless here...I think I totally missed the whole dustup here but figured something must have happened if JBS was apologizing to Bog...and as far as the post above, I didn't realize there were such rules for posting like what has been delineated above ..sorry...hopefully CB will continue as the interesting site it has always been...

I know you don't want to revisit whatever subjects led to the dust-up, but is there a way to summarize what happened that led to this apology and people being banned and leaving without rehashing the underlying dispute? I'm a frequent lurker and infrequent poster here and I really learn a lot from the site. Sometimes, and this happens on most boards, I feel as though I am on the outskirts looking in at a very tight group. This conversation where some people clearly know everything that happened and some people clearly do not adds to that feeling of the "in" crowd and the "not so in" crowd if you know what I mean. Maybe others feel differently, but as this seems to be a watershed moment for CB, I think it would be helpful if all of us had some understanding of what that moment entailed.

I know you don't want to revisit whatever subjects led to the dust-up, but is there a way to summarize what happened that led to this apology and people being banned and leaving without rehashing the underlying dispute? I'm a frequent lurker and infrequent poster here and I really learn a lot from the site. Sometimes, and this happens on most boards, I feel as though I am on the outskirts looking in at a very tight group. This conversation where some people clearly know everything that happened and some people clearly do not adds to that feeling of the "in" crowd and the "not so in" crowd if you know what I mean. Maybe others feel differently, but as this seems to be a watershed moment for CB, I think it would be helpful if all of us had some understanding of what that moment entailed.

In a nutshell...

The Chalk Bucket had derailed from it's original purpose:

The Chalk Bucket was created in Sept of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

The site had developed "cliques"...which is fine. There will be "cliques". The "cliques" started attacking each other instead of realizing and learning the differences...this is not fine.

At the top of the site you will see the different main groups of the site: Parents...Gymnasts...Coaches. The intent of the site was always to help everyone see the differences in those groups and hopefully create some understanding between them. By helping the groups better understand each other...everyone could better understand the sport. I always thought it would be the parents and the coaches that would have issues with each others opinions...

...come to find out...

...it is the parents that have issues with other parents.

EDIT: Everything being done right now is to make everyone part of the "in" crowd...no matter what their opinion is. We just need to get back to the original mission of the site.

Last edited:
^^^I hope the above is enough. I really cannot go into more detail as we must all focus on the future.

Let's make The Chalk Bucket a great place where everyone feels welcome!

Once again we are still looking for more mods to help out with the site.

So now we can all agree to disagree while remembering the Golden Rule, right?

There was nothing wrong with this site other than "The Banned." I vote to close this out and move onward.

Just wanted to say thanks for trying to return the CB to its original purpose. I have lurked for a long time, and still lurk more than post because of the turn that happened and everything becoming a debate rather than a conversation. I hope that the members that chose to get their profile deleted will come back in time once we get this all sorted out, as many of them were frequent posters and provided such great advice, support and feedback. Lets get this place back to what it used to be!

Just wanted to say thanks for trying to return the CB to its original purpose. I have lurked for a long time, and still lurk more than post because of the turn that happened and everything becoming a debate rather than a conversation. I hope that the members that chose to get their profile deleted will come back in time once we get this all sorted out, as many of them were frequent posters and provided such great advice, support and feedback. Lets get this place back to what it used to be!

Two of the three are already back, though using different names. The third might take some more time, but I am working on it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back