MAG JD1 vs JD2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Slightly ot question- if more changes come this quad, when would those be decided and when would be the soonest they could be implemented? Like, what month and year.

they would be decided I think by this coming spring ish and would go into effect in the fall for the 2020-2021 season.

We are in NJ also, I only know of 2 gyms that do JE. Ours doesn't, and I believe we have one of the biggest men's gym programs in the state. JD, on the other hand, seems to have upped its popularity. As its own level, it seems to have numerically the same participation as 8/9/10.

So can you explain what is the difference between nationals and Championships ? They are both USAG sanctioned events right? (Sorry for the naive questions).

So can you explain what is the difference between nationals and Championships ? They are both USAG sanctioned events right? (Sorry for the naive questions).

Sure. Nationals is the JO Age group program. Levels 8-10 (in age) can qualify to nationals. you can qualify as a Junior Elite or JO.

Championships is the meet that just happened in Kansas City. There is a junior (15-18) and senior (18+) division. This is for qualification to national team. So, L10 JEs can qualify to this meet at nationals or at the qualifier. But only those that compete JE can participate. Or those that did JO and opted out of nationals.

The senior division is a lot of the college guys and the OTC guys.

Sure. Nationals is the JO Age group program. Levels 8-10 (in age) can qualify to nationals. you can qualify as a Junior Elite or JO.

Championships is the meet that just happened in Kansas City. There is a junior (15-18) and senior (18+) division. This is for qualification to national team. So, L10 JEs can qualify to this meet at nationals or at the qualifier. But only those that compete JE can participate. Or those that did JO and opted out of nationals.

The senior division is a lot of the college guys and the OTC guys.
Ohh, ok now I get it... qualifier seems as the path for the NCAA/OTC guys to make national team b/c they are not JO/JE. How does winter cup fit into all of this?

Ohh, ok now I get it... qualifier seems as the path for the NCAA/OTC guys to make national team b/c they are not JO/JE. How does winter cup fit into all of this?

winter cup is another route to get there. The juniors can qualify through nationals (so many of the same guys). not sure beyond that.

Seniors can qualify to championships via winter cup, and other methods. Qualifier is the last chance. the senior division is the big dogs. They have other qualifying methods.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back