WAG JO Code changes 2018-2022

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's physics. Much easier , the mental part depends on the kid and coaches ,
Ok, serious question on the physics. Does the answer stay the same no matter the cast? For instance, my DD always gets her cast requirement on the low bar- her high bar casts used to be such a mess that they could barely be considered casts. Her tap swings, however, were lovely. Is it still easier to flyaway from an abysmal cast (think definitely a good bit below horizontal) than a good tap swing? For my DD it’s definitely a fear thing (that luckily doesn’t carry over to other dismounts), but I’m just curious.

Ok, serious question on the physics. Does the answer stay the same no matter the cast? For instance, my DD always gets her cast requirement on the low bar- her high bar casts used to be such a mess that they could barely be considered casts. Her tap swings, however, were lovely. Is it still easier to flyaway from an abysmal cast (think definitely a good bit below horizontal) than a good tap swing? For my DD it’s definitely a fear thing (that luckily doesn’t carry over to other dismounts), but I’m just curious.
Depends on the angle etc... in other words using the technique that harnesses the energy correctly is technically physically easier. A flyaway from more swing if done correctly is mich easier to execute. If he physics aren't there it's not. :)

Depends on the angle etc... in other words using the technique that harnesses the energy correctly is technically physically easier. A flyaway from more swing if done correctly is mich easier to execute. If he physics aren't there it's not. :)
Sorry for all the horrible spelling , on my phone and I am old

Depends on the angle etc... in other words using the technique that harnesses the energy correctly is technically physically easier. A flyaway from more swing if done correctly is much easier to execute. If the physics aren't there it's not. :)
This... some girls get more swing out of a tap swing than a low cast ... think lower than the red line
cast example.png

So last year in level 8 my dd did BWO- BHS, FWO and BHS-BT dismount...I'm assuming that for this year she would have to change the BWO-BHS to BHS-BHS? She routinely scored 9.3~9.4 last year. She had the BHS-BHS but it wasn't as clean.
Ok. Trying to figure out for next year as I will have 2 level 8s. YDD will most likely compete BHS BHS as her series, but ODD has some issues with beam and was planning on doing BWO BHS as her series. Am I to understand that this would no longer be an acceptable series?

Ok. Trying to figure out for next year as I will have 2 level 8s. YDD will most likely compete BHS BHS as her series, but ODD has some issues with beam and was planning on doing BWO BHS as her series. Am I to understand that this would no longer be an acceptable series?
BWO-BHS will meet the L8 special requirements for a beam series. Assuming she meets her other special requirements and gets all her value parts, she would have a 10.0 start value. She would get an up to level deduction for the beam acro (the extent depends on what other acro she does in the routine).

BWO-BHS will meet the L8 special requirements for a beam series. Assuming she meets her other special requirements and gets all her value parts, she would have a 10.0 start value. She would get an up to level deduction for the beam acro (the extent depends on what other acro she does in the routine).
And remember the up to level deduction AT MOST is only .2. AND this is not a new deduction, the only difference is that it has been spelled out in the code rather than an arbitrary deduction....it is quite likely that many if not most judges would have already been taking a partial deduction for having this series vs a BHS-BSH.

So the tsuk and yeri timers are to the feet? Why aren't they to the back? I don't get this, because I feel like it would cause you to have bad timing when you go to really flip the tsuk/yeri.

So the tsuk and yeri timers are to the feet? Why aren't they to the back? I don't get this, because I feel like it would cause you to have bad timing when you go to really flip the tsuk/yeri.
No clue... but they are allowed to fall to their back after landing on their feet without deduction ... however, they have to do it kind of like a trust fall (feet can't move) because steps ARE deducted.

Hello! Can anyone clarify the minimum tumbling requirements for Level 6 and Level 7? Thank you!
On floor:
Level 6: 3 skill pass with at least 2 flight skills AND a Salto or aerial (either isolated or in a series)
Level 7: 3 skill pass all with flight, including a layout AND a front 2 skill pass including a Salto

On Beam:
Level 6: EITHER an acro series with or without flight OR an isolated acro flight skill
Level 7: an acro series with or without flight AND an acro flight skill (may be included in the series or isolated)

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm fresh out of Congress and can clarify the B split leap, if anyone is interested. The split must take off with the lead leg straight and brushing forward, staying completely straight and hitting 180 degrees. If it bends AT ALL, it will be devalued to an A. The angle is not as important as the straight leg, and angle deductions will apply but won't take away the SR if it's less than 20 degrees from 180. So that's the scoop.

Also, the new Level 6/7 vaults are going to be such a wondrous experience.........:confused:o_O Have fun with that, everyone.

Also, the new Level 6/7 vaults are going to be such a wondrous experience.........:confused:o_O Have fun with that, everyone.
How high does the mat stack have to be? In the drawings I've seen, it doesn't look like more than 16 inches (2 of the 8 inchers), but I thought it was supposd to be the height of the L3 vault stack.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back