WAG JO Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tomtnt

Proud Parent
Congratulations to all the gymnasts who qualified for JO Nationals. Regardless of whether you came from a huge age group or a smaller group/region, it still takes a ton of hard work and dedication. Hopefully, the huge discrepancy is some of the age groups this year will cause USA Gymnastics to consider changing the age groups.

Brag Alert: My DD qualified in a tough Region 1 age group - the JrD team has multiple former Jr Elite gymnasts (4?). She needed a big floor score to qualify and pulled off the highest level 10 score of the entire meet, 9.925! (Not going to lie, definitely helps to be in the last floor rotation of the last level 10 session!).

Rant: 8AM competition time -- extremely painful and not very fair for those flying from the West Coast... that's competing at 6 AM for Pacific time zone kids and 3 AM! for Hawaii kids!!

Rant #2 - ticket price. $25 for 1 session ticket - children discount for <2 yr old?!? $80 for friday night party?!?! I know they are desperate for money, but this is crazy!

Starting with an E...ending with an E...just a little D+B pass in the middle. Love seeing difficult tumbling executed so well, AND rewarded! And you are right about that age group. Think even a couple more former junior elites that didn't make the team. A few that had 38's during the season but one mistake at Regionals so "only" mid 37's, not enough to make it in that age group.

It's even earlier PST--5 a.m.! I can't even bear the thought of it. Yes, that was a ridiculous age group. Also Senior E's cut-off was a 37.9! Congratulations to all! I hate regionals, but JO's is all fun!

NOOOOOO!!! Man, you just ruined my morning... 5AM?!

It's even earlier PST--5 a.m.! I can't even bear the thought of it. Yes, that was a ridiculous age group. Also Senior E's cut-off was a 37.9! Congratulations to all! I hate regionals, but JO's is all fun!

My daughter competed at 8 am at regionals and has the first practice session at 8 am and compete the next day at 8 am....I feel your pain! Congrats on everyone who qualified! So excited to be heading back to nationals!! How many actually attend the Friday night party? Our coaches never send our girls, we instead do something as a team.

HUGE tumbling passes (opening and ending with an E!) with 4 more years as a Level 10? Love seeing impressive routines especially from juniors! Congratulations! Good luck at nationals!,

she's finishing up freshman year.... only 3 more years.... :( time does really fly right by...

HUGE tumbling passes (opening and ending with an E!) with 4 more years as a Level 10? Love seeing impressive routines especially from juniors! Congratulations! Good luck at nationals!,

The process is long and confusing and the only constant is change. It seems the early commitments have slowed down compared to previous years - doesn't seem like any of the JrD/2022 have committed (or at least not publically).

Has she committed yet? Can we look forward to an announcement after JO's, maybe?

The process is long and confusing and the only constant is change. It seems the early commitments have slowed down compared to previous years - doesn't seem like any of the JrD/2022 have committed (or at least not publically).
FYI, According to this google form, there are several public "verbals" for 22-23 year. There is even one for 23-24 listed under UCLA

Yes, there are several but this time last year, most of the top 20-2021 class was already committed.

FYI, According to this google form, there are several public "verbals" for 22-23 year. There is even one for 23-24 listed under UCLA

I had no idea that some 2024s had verballed. I knew that there were quite a few 2023s that had verballed. Rumor has it that the recruiting rules are going to be changing May 1st and that no more verbals will be allowed until sophomore year. If this rule goes into effect I expect to see a flurry of verbal offers made before May 1st.

Reactions: sce
Congratulations to all the gymnasts who qualified for JO Nationals. Regardless of whether you came from a huge age group or a smaller group/region, it still takes a ton of hard work and dedication. Hopefully, the huge discrepancy is some of the age groups this year will cause USA Gymnastics to consider changing the age groups.

Brag Alert: My DD qualified in a tough Region 1 age group - the JrD team has multiple former Jr Elite gymnasts (4?). She needed a big floor score to qualify and pulled off the highest level 10 score of the entire meet, 9.925! (Not going to lie, definitely helps to be in the last floor rotation of the last level 10 session!).

Rant: 8AM competition time -- extremely painful and not very fair for those flying from the West Coast... that's competing at 6 AM for Pacific time zone kids and 3 AM! for Hawaii kids!!

Rant #2 - ticket price. $25 for 1 session ticket - children discount for <2 yr old?!? $80 for friday night party?!?! I know they are desperate for money, but this is crazy!

I was right there watching her (next to bars with blue football jersey on arms folded). Saw her tumbling in warmups and had to watch. Totally awesome. She is a little tall though. ;)

NOOOOOO!!! Man, you just ruined my morning... 5AM?!
yes 5 am. Don't get me started on how biased and unfair it is to the west coast. Anyways, when my kids are in the first session I ask that they get up at 4:00 am for that week. Suggest you do the same. have her get up and take a walk around the block for about a week prior. Also; hopefully it's not her finals week......

Oh dang- that’s rough. Won’t they all be falling asleep in gym during the evening practices?!

yes 5 am. Don't get me started on how biased and unfair it is to the west coast. Anyways, when my kids are in the first session I ask that they get up at 4:00 am for that week. Suggest you do the same. have her get up and take a walk around the block for about a week prior. Also; hopefully it's not her finals week......

Oh dang- that’s rough. Won’t they all be falling asleep in gym during the evening practices?!
ask the coaches to modify workout so she gets out early and can go to bed at 9. Wake up for a brisk walk with her around the block, then have her do homework until school starts. She will adjust to the time in a few days. On the plane ride be sure that if you fly in the am that she does NOT nap during her competition time. hope that makes sense.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back