WAG JO Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

also, start it on a saturday so she has Sunday to adjust and won't blow a workout on monday.

My daughter always went to the banquet and it generally sells out. Big attendance.

When she was young, she sat with her teammates. When she was older (sophomore and up), she was sooooo happy to see her friends from other gyms or those she was going to college with, that she arranged for tables with them. Took tons of selfies that they still love now that they are seniors and recent college graduates.

What an amazing fx routine! You cannot score that high without artistry and dance skills to match the tumbling, and I loved those components of her routine as much as the tumbling. Wow!

FYI, According to this google form, there are several public "verbals" for 22-23 year. There is even one for 23-24 listed under UCLA

This chart identifies the year they start college. If it list a girl under 23 , she graduates in 22.

It lists her under UCLA as a 2024
Many girls I know, including my daughter, are listed the year they start gymnastics at the college. Therefore, the year they graduate is a year sooner. The way this chart is latex out she graduates high school in 2023.

I think we are saying there are a handful of current 8th graders who have verballed, with another couple handfuls who may verbal in the May/June time period. I'm not familiar with any current 7th graders verballing, but there could be some.

Many girls I know, including my daughter, are listed the year they start gymnastics at the college. Therefore, the year they graduate is a year sooner. The way this chart is latex out she graduates high school in 2023.
Yes, I know. pervious poster thought I was talking about a 2022 grad, saying it would show as 2023. I clarified that she is under 2024 meaning she is a 2023-24, not a 2022-23.

Congratulations to all the gymnasts who qualified for JO Nationals. Regardless of whether you came from a huge age group or a smaller group/region, it still takes a ton of hard work and dedication. Hopefully, the huge discrepancy is some of the age groups this year will cause USA Gymnastics to consider changing the age groups.

Brag Alert: My DD qualified in a tough Region 1 age group - the JrD team has multiple former Jr Elite gymnasts (4?). She needed a big floor score to qualify and pulled off the highest level 10 score of the entire meet, 9.925! (Not going to lie, definitely helps to be in the last floor rotation of the last level 10 session!).

Rant: 8AM competition time -- extremely painful and not very fair for those flying from the West Coast... that's competing at 6 AM for Pacific time zone kids and 3 AM! for Hawaii kids!!

Rant #2 - ticket price. $25 for 1 session ticket - children discount for <2 yr old?!? $80 for friday night party?!?! I know they are desperate for money, but this is crazy!

Congratulations!

Huh...must be. That’s confusing!

Flippinlily is right. The year the commit is listed is by gymnastics season. My daughter graduates this June, starts college Fall of 2019 but is listed in 2020. So one can deduce that is the gymnastics season since it officially starts in January. Does that make sense?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back