MAG JO update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
L10 now needs a D dismount for stick bonus, rather than C. 9 needs a C, instead of a B. No stick bonus on pommel.

I am still deciphering it ;)

The Jr FIG rules are covered within the regular FIG code. It's not a separate doc. In addition there are "red dot" skills in the apparatus sections that are not allowed for Juniors (upper arm landings on PB for example.) This is a very important and significant change for our Juniors (a good one IMHO) Read carefully! :)

Bonus skills have changed, many exceptions have been eliminated because the are already covered by Jr FIG rules, but others have been retained in the update. You have to dig to find some of these. Allowed skills have changed. Plus a few small changes to compulsories and tech sequences.

Have fun, over all this is a positive change.

KRC

The Jr FIG rules are covered within the regular FIG code. It's not a separate doc. In addition there are "red dot" skills in the apparatus sections that are not allowed for Juniors (upper arm landings on PB for example.) This is a very important and significant change for our Juniors (a good one IMHO) Read carefully! :)

Bonus skills have changed, many exceptions have been eliminated because the are already covered by Jr FIG rules, but others have been retained in the update. You have to dig to find some of these. Allowed skills have changed. Plus a few small changes to compulsories and tech sequences.

Have fun, over all this is a positive change.

KRC

Did they update the code from May with new red dots for those upper arm landings??

Reactions: sce
For those of you with optionals, how do you think the changes will affect dismount choices? My guy fortunately gets a second year at L9, which he really needs, but he's working on a couple of Cs that he might end up competing.

Well, D just got his C dismounts this summer, which will fulfill the element groups. Just put his double lay on HB to a mat this week, and thinks it can be a D by the end of season. Rings is killing him (as usual) but we will see HE has a D dismount on pbars, so that is good. But the other events will most likely be C dismounts to start the season.

Rings is one that my guy is hoping to do. He had been working a little bit on a twisting double back, but is now playing around with a double front. Is this a stupid dismount for him to be learning?? I'm not sure what happens with a double front in terms of progressions. I think his coach's theory is that anything he works on that will get him flipping faster is good . . .

D is working a double lay off rings. not sure if it is going to come in time. He thinks after the week off this week, his coach will start workign with him on twisting dismounts. Apparently he had not be taught how to twist dismounts correctly so the coach stopped him. Sigh

Showed it to D. He has finally come to terms with the fact that upper arm landings are not allowed. I am glad we found out early so he didn't spend all summer working them. Instead he got a new mount (whip it). Definitely better use of time.

Lol. My guy has spent endless time this summer working on a peach to handstand, which just is NOT going to happen without a whole lot more testosterone. But at least when he finally gets it, it will be allowed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back